what did you do to your comet today?

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
fryedaddy

Re: what did you do to your comet today?

Post by fryedaddy »

i got started on my 428 today.its weird tearing into a engine that runs great and has no issues.but i have some alu heads,intake,roller rockers,and some new coated headers to go back on.i pulled the valve covers,carb,rockerarms,and intake off today.i still like unbolting the old headers and taking off the old cj heads,before i can put the new stuff back on.i have to remove a dowel pin from the top of the block on the intake mounting surface.my old pi intake has a hole for this dowel to line up in,but my new rpm intake has no hole for this dowel so i will have to remove it.
fryedaddy
Image1966 caliente,428 4 speed,4.11 gears,nitrous,parachute

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Right on Frye!! Tough to rip into something that runs good BUT faster is always better!! :D :lol: :mrgreen: Well, most of the time! From your posts, you've waited some time to do this...so take your time & enjoy the s*** out of it!! :mrgreen:

When you're done, go stomp it down a backroad...ALL the smile ya need! :lol:
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

well,i got my headers and heads off. i got the dowel out with a set of vicegrips and a flat scerwdriver.i need to clean everything up in the morning and hopefully i can have it back together and running by sunday.im not as young as i used to be.i have to pace myself now.what used to be a one day job,now takes a week.yes i had to study on it for a few weeks before i decided to do it.faster is better,with a name like ROCKET,im sure you agree.
fryedaddy

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

THE NEXT FUTURE owner of my comet,,my youngest 19yro grd son,called me today and wanted me to bring the comet to his work place for a small show and shine car show,,,so I did,,had a great time,,the ol red ride was a hit,that grd son was pleased to show it and tell others when his POP gets thru with it ,it'll be his....makes it all worth while,,,just to see his grin and to hear him say..this belongs to my POP,but one day ....it's gonna be mine..... :!: 8) :) :D :D ..hard to beat grd kids (and a grt grd son) :D
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

popscomet wrote:THE NEXT FUTURE owner of my comet,,my youngest 19yro grd son,called me today and wanted me to bring the comet to his work place for a small show and shine car show,,,so I did,,had a great time,,the ol red ride was a hit,that grd son was pleased to show it and tell others when his POP gets thru with it ,it'll be his....makes it all worth while,,,just to see his grin and to hear him say..this belongs to my POP,but one day ....it's gonna be mine..... :!: 8) :) :D :D ..hard to beat grd kids (and a grt grd son) :D
That 'll make you want to get it out & wash it, maybe take a littl e ride!
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

:shock: :shock: :| dad gum ,john,,do you not know that a light layer of dust protects the paint :!: keeps the bright sun rays from cooking the wax.....I sure thought you knew that :!: :shock: :o :o :o it's like putting SUN SCREEN ON BEFORE YOU SUN BATHE.....NAIL POLISH KEEPS NAIL'S FROM SPLITTIN....I could go on and on sighten the perks of a dirty car 8) :shock: :roll: :lol: :lol: :wink: :roll:
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

popscomet wrote:SUN SCREEN ON BEFORE YOU SUN BATHE.....NAIL POLISH KEEPS NAIL'S FROM SPLITTIN
Pop? That you? :shock: :? :oops:
Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Jims65cyclone wrote:
popscomet wrote:SUN SCREEN ON BEFORE YOU SUN BATHE.....NAIL POLISH KEEPS NAIL'S FROM SPLITTIN
Pop? That you? :shock: :? :oops:
Jim
hey,,I was in line at WAL-MART,over heard 2 purse carrin dudes talkin,,,,that's where that came from :shock: ....now that I see it in print....it does sound lame,huh??
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

HACKED? :? :?
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

poboyjo65 wrote:HACKED? :? :?
:shock: :shock: :?: :?: :?: what am I missin here?????/
pop/glenda

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Hacked... no, he's been in the fruit juice I believe.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

pugs65 wrote:Hacked... no, he's been in the fruit juice I believe.
You may be right pugs, or he could of got too big of a whif of racing fuel! :roll: But in his defense I saw an old man in orielys the other day, totin one & in a dress, I guess he was single but I didnt stick around to hear what he said at the counter, I was makin tracks! :shock:
Johno

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

i got my new headers in place.im ready to put the new heads and intake on.im going to let my son torque my heads and intake.he is showing some interest in it lately.he also installed my fuel cell and mounted my battery in the trunk,so i thought i would let him help out on some of the high performance stuff too. :D
fryedaddy

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WOW !! with buddys like you 2 for ol pop to have to try and out guess,keeps me busy :D BUT john,,what POP wants to know is:::WHAT MADE YOU THINK THAT GUY WEARING A DRESS IN O'RIELY'S WAS SINGLE AND WHY DID YOU EVEN HAVE THAT TYPE OF THOUGHT PROCESS.....to wonder in the 1st place ? :shock: :roll: :!: :wink: :D :D
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

popscomet wrote:WOW !! with buddys like you 2 for ol pop to have to try and out guess,keeps me busy :D BUT john,,what POP wants to know is:::WHAT MADE YOU THINK THAT GUY WEARING A DRESS IN O'RIELY'S WAS SINGLE AND WHY DID YOU EVEN HAVE THAT TYPE OF THOUGHT PROCESS.....to wonder in the 1st place ? :shock: :roll: :!: :wink: :D :D
YOU DID! after hearing about your pair I thought about o reily guy/girl :? well I had it figured out, & started typing ,thinking about how I thought about it & lost my train of thought :? now I gotta to the toilet, where I do my best thinkin, & I'm prairie doggin, goffer headdin if you know what I mean & that's where I figured out my intake gasket & I know that is right! but I'll be back when I think of it again :roll:
Johno