what did you do to your comet today?

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Lip Ripper

Re: what did you do to your comet today?

Post by Lip Ripper »

I pumped the pedal twice, hit the throttle, she starting to sing, hit the garage door opener and away I went. A nice morning cruise to knock the soot out of her. She looks good in her red and white behind our flag. Perhaps I should've made a little blue smoke. Happy Independence Day!

Stacey
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

HAD TO MAKE A TOWN RUN today,took the comet,every stop was a 1car show when I returned to the car ,people gathered around,most didn't even know what it was,,couple ask who makes a comet?.....but the kicker was at the 1st red light going into town,,2 red necks pulled up beside me in an older but not real old silverrodo,,,kicked it out of gear and snorted it,,I looked over and pointed straight ahead,he dropped her back in gear,I could tell he had better mufflers then he had motor to blow thru them,,,just as I started to bring this 289 up and he was foot brakeing,,the light changed and at the same time we both SAW 2cars deep across the intersection the police car,,we both pulled away like a pair of grd mothers and JOHN LAW WAVED AT US as we passed going thru under the red light....just proves the GOOD LORD WATCHES OVER US DUMMIES :shock:
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Loaded the RUSTY RELIC on a trailer and took it to a monthly cruise in last night,,didn't even unload it,just left it on the trailer..man it was one of the stars of the show,,wish I had a nickle for every pic taken,,,had so many guys and gals ask...are you gonna paint it?? nope,gonna leave MOTHER NATURE's paint job on it,,,had one man that was against MN's job....to each their own......had a great time,,,there was everything there right down to a CUSHMAN EAGLE,just like the one I rode as a kid,right down to the 8 BALL gear shift knob,only mine was a for real pool ball,cause I stole it off a pool hall table after the owner ran me out of there when I came thru the frt door so I came back in thru the back door on my hands and knees ,crawled to the 1st table reached up and the 1st ball I felt,I grabbed it and took off,,had left my scooter running in the alley,,I hauled my little butt away fast as I could,,,a couple of blocks down the street ,I pulled over and when I took it out of my pocket,,I was amazed,,,IT WAS AN 8 BALL,how lucky can a young thief get !!?? took it to shop class and drilled and tapped it,,I was on top of the world,,,,that restored one last night had white wall tires,,mine had black walls...man it brought back sweet memories......and to top it off,everytime I go to that cruise,a young man singles me out ,and we vist and have great conversation...…..come to find out,his grd PA was my uncle,my dad's youngest brother,we'er from the same town,so we are cousin's right down to same last name...and he doesn't live 15 mi from me....now that's a small world in my way of seeing it...he said I'm coming to your shop some night,,I ask,,what do you drive ?....I do not want a chevy in my drive way,,,he said a jeep,,,that's OK come on ,I said my daughter owns a wrangler..that's cool, huh??
pop/glenda

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

2 fine times to be had, right-on Pop!! :lol: :lol: :D

I took the Comet over to a buddies and just rolled in. I’m in a pretty good mood since my better half told me how much she appreciates the race bullets shaking the toilet tank (2nd floor BTW) at midnight... :lol: :mrgreen:

I said “...it’s a Ford, you should!”...... :P :lol: Off to bed!
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

THANKS …..POP has had the cops called on him for rattle-in the toilet lid at night,,,good luck !!
pop/glenda

BJB

Post by BJB »

popscomet wrote:THANKS …..POP has had the cops called on him for rattle-in the toilet lid at night,,,good luck !!

Pop, as a cop down under...does that rattle in the toilet term relate to cops responding to you making too much noise ...????? :D
"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains,..enough with the floods already..."

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

BJB wrote:
popscomet wrote:THANKS …..POP has had the cops called on him for rattle-in the toilet lid at night,,,good luck !!

Pop, as a cop down under...does that rattle in the toilet term relate to cops responding to you making too much noise ...????? :D
YES-SIR....!!!!! :lol: :lol:
pop/glenda

BJB

Post by BJB »

popscomet wrote:
BJB wrote:

YES-SIR....!!!!! :lol: :lol:
Probably why we refer to the outside dunny as a Thunder Box . :mrgreen:

Bruce
"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains,..enough with the floods already..."

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

went to a cruise/non judged car show,,,way over a 100 cars and trucks,,,drove the ol red ride,,,it wasn't the center of the show,,but it got it's share of attention,,was surprised at the younger guys and gals interest in it,,,and knew what it was..had a great time...pop
pop/glenda

caseville cyclone

Post by caseville cyclone »

I changed to lighter front coil springs from my heavy duty Crites springs that came with my shock tower kit. Went from nose up gasser with no give in suspenion to normal stance with some movement. I love changing front coil springs NOT! While I was in there I also changed my pivot arm in my Total Control Products UCA to the Shelby drop. I aligned the front end with plastic cutting boards and grease for turn plates and a Fastrax gauge I bought from Summit. Everything turned out good except my steering wheel is off. I'll have my wife hold the steering wheel straight and I'll set the toe again. Took the bomb out for a ride and had a vibration in the driveline,looked at pinion angle and could tell too much negative pinion angle. Just received my angle shims and new u-bolts today. This 72 year old body goes back down on the concrete floor again. Will update providing I can get back up LOL. Andy

loman

Post by loman »

caseville cyclone wrote:I changed to lighter front coil springs from my heavy duty Crites springs that came with my shock tower kit. Went from nose up gasser with no give in suspenion to normal stance with some movement. I love changing front coil springs NOT! While I was in there I also changed my pivot arm in my Total Control Products UCA to the Shelby drop. I aligned the front end with plastic cutting boards and grease for turn plates and a Fastrax gauge I bought from Summit. Everything turned out good except my steering wheel is off. I'll have my wife hold the steering wheel straight and I'll set the toe again. Took the bomb out for a ride and had a vibration in the driveline,looked at pinion angle and could tell too much negative pinion angle. Just received my angle shims and new u-bolts today. This 72 year old body goes back down on the concrete floor again. Will update providing I can get back up LOL. Andy
We didn't buy the Crites springs when we bought our shock tower kit. I had put new springs on a few years back and figured they would be strong enough for the 390. We had the same problem with no motor in it with no suspension movement or travel. We dug out the original 50 year old springs and installed them. That helped out and we left them on. Once everything is done and if the front end starts to really go down we'll put the newer springs back in.

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Spent the day playin in the pigpen!`
Going deaf, gotta get a louder stereo,,,,
Received the spindles I bought from RedHotComet.
Found enough pieces that I could put together a 31 spline posi with 3.50 gears that will go in this week.
Started installing the disc brakes.
A great time was had by everyone that mattered,, ME! lol
Fred
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txVWDFn ... e=youtu.be
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

caseville cyclone

Fired up the comet this morning,and cruised to Lefty's restuarant to have breakfast with the church mens group at 8:00. Received a lot of compliments even if the paint and body isn't exactly stellar. Couldn't resist leaving the driveway without letting them hear the 351 Cleveland sing. Cruised town,went to the Post Office and headed for home. No ISSUES!!! Andy

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

caseville cyclone wrote:Fired up the comet this morning,and cruised to Lefty's restuarant to have breakfast with the church mens group at 8:00. Received a lot of compliments even if the paint and body isn't exactly stellar. Couldn't resist leaving the driveway without letting them hear the 351 Cleveland sing. Cruised town,went to the Post Office and headed for home. No ISSUES!!! Andy
that's why we have these old cars.....after all these years of GLENDA'S 56 ford sittin in the garage,,unseen in the dark,,she has decided to just drive it,,no more car shows,,,no more dust collecting trophys,,so son and POP has been tuneing ,,a new set of cooper cobras,,,got a new 100amp alt coming anyday… repaired a leaky wheel cyl,,.what ever it needs or we think it needs,,,it'll be done......if not raining Friday morning,,I'll drive the comet,she'll drive the 56 to my RAILROAD retire;es breakfast we do monthly.....then Friday night we'll take them both to a cruise...……..pop
pop/glenda

caseville cyclone

Your right POPS,these vehicles are meant to be driven. Andy