THE power TOUR!

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
SASSY

THE power TOUR!

Post by SASSY »

Well, Sassy is not a POWER tour car but it is certainly distance tour car!!
Past weekend, Friday took our little camper to Libby,Mt Lite up the Nites and also ran down
to Sandpoint ,Id. about some stuff for the house and home Saturday afternoon.
Dropped Marilyn and the trailer and pointed it east for 12 hrs to Saskatoon Sk. for a memorial
for the passing of a old friend ( will have separate post) and was also the city's cruise weekend
which usually attracts almost a 1000 cars. Spend Sunday at the show till about 2 then went to the
memorial which was also a carshow as Kel was an absolute car guy till about 9pm. Hit the street cruise
till around 11 then pointed Sassy west, slept in the car when I got tired stopped in Lethbridge Ab. as I
have 2 gearhead brothers there for lunch monday. Was the first time I seen my one brothers recently
completed Chevelle on the street.
My younger brothers are great guys and we laugh too much too loud
in public! Happy to get back to the Mountains stopped in Cranbrook Bc for some shopping and was home by 7.
I think thats about 35hrs of driving,,including the water boxes they have
on the closed cruise in Libby!!
Fred
Last edited by SASSY on Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

SASSY

Re: THE power TOUR!

Post by SASSY »

A course now I'm thinkin :idea: ,,hmmm LA,oct, All Mercury show 8) , thats far enough away to classify
as a tour :lol: Need to find out if they thay a long distance award :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Fred;I'll make you a long didtance award!!!!! Get your old ass down here,you will love the air,cause you can see what you are breathing,not that clear,clean stuff you have up in the frozen North!!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

comethead

Post by comethead »

SASSY wrote:A course now I'm thinkin :idea: ,,hmmm LA,oct, All Mercury show 8) , thats far enough away to classify
as a tour :lol: Need to find out if they thay a long distance award :lol: :lol: :lol:
That would be cool. Invasion of the Canadian Comets!
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Fred;I know you like the "Bumperless" look,but your Comet looks great with the front bumper!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE wrote:Fred;I'll make you a long didtance award!!!!! Get your old ass down here,you will love the air,cause you can see what you are breathing,not that clear,clean stuff you have up in the frozen North!!!! ROY.
Did you notice how I became quiet on the subject once it became obvious it could happen.

Well as in anything timing is of the utmost importance and the subject of a week long
drive there and back for an afternoon show&shine must be approched in a certain way.
Now,,,,,,,,,for those of you willing to learn from a man that has been doing these kinds
of CRAZY things for most of his life and dragging the SAME wife (1972) through all of it.
NEVER TELL THE WHOLE TRUTH!!!!! but something like the truth!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
So, we need to get a few things done around here in Sept, the main one being to finish
the exterior wall where the tarp is and some other details, and we might have time to
cruise down the coast and take in the sights celebrating our anniversary a couple a weeks early.
I need to pull the rear end ,the thing has been pretty noisy since LIbby.
And I think I'll look at hooking up the heater!!
Caliente Coastal Fall power Tour