Crites order?

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Hubert Cumberdale

Crites order?

Post by Hubert Cumberdale »

I ordered a ram air hood for my 64 comet from crites a little over two months ago.I call them regularly about the status and its always just about to be shipped.I finally got a tracking number and a promise it would be here friday(tomorrow)at the latest.I check the tracking number and it isnt even in the shipping companys system!Has anyone else had these problems from crites?Anyone order a hood recently and recieve it?Thinking of just asking for a refund but they dont seem very helpful,and I forsee a hassle.There only saving grace was I was not charged for the hood until two weeks ago in which they said they would only charge me when the hood was complete and being shipped but its been two weeks since.Im not trying to stir things up just want to know if anyone has had these issues?

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Re: Crites order?

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

That seems to be a recurring theme with them lately.I read that on a lot of other forums too.Back when I got all my pieces they were great to deal with,prompt delivery and their parts were great. ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

FOMOCOguy

Post by FOMOCOguy »

Took forever to get my leaf spring relocation kit. I'll need one of those hoods too first of the year I should maybe order it now. If anyone else sold that hood I would by it from them instead.

alans 64

Post by alans 64 »

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE wrote:That seems to be a recurring theme with them lately.I read that on a lot of other forums too.Back when I got all my pieces they were great to deal with,prompt delivery and their parts were great. ROY.

I have to agree with Roy, guessing they are: 1. too busy and not enough help, 2. shipping dept is screwed up, 3. made so much money they don't care anymore, or 4. think they have the market cornered and the customer can just wait for their timetable.
who knows.

maybe Roy and I are in the 1% but I haven't had any problems. when I bought my hood I happened to have a truck near there business picking up a crane and it was ready and waiting when my driver arrived. sooooooooooooo for this day in time who knows.

alan
64 Caliente 2 dr ht A/FX sold to a fellow forum member
http://www.picturetrail.com/alanan55 past & present rides
40 ford coupe sold 1979 found in garage sitting for 34 years back home again.

Hubert Cumberdale

yeah im going to go with having the market cornered.When I call they dont really seem concerned with my plights.It's the yeah oh well attitude.When I initially called they said it would be two weeks then four weeks now who knows?Today is the promised at the latest day so I will post if I recieved it or not tonight.

Hubert Cumberdale

yeah no hood today.we will see.

eckenber

Post by eckenber »

Doesn't sound promissing. I have a lot of things I need to get from them. It seems lately, that everyone is having problems with them. Unfortunately they are the only ones selling what we need.
1970 Ford Fairlane 500 429scj -drag pack option
1986 Mustang GT, heads, cam, intake, vortech super charger
1964 comet calente -in progress

kayos

Post by kayos »

http://www.cometcentral.com/forum/viewt ... f=4&t=2069

jep i have also troubles with them! the shipped me only some parts the orthers were missing, i wrote them many mail, the told me the parts are backorder...

now one year is over and i´m sick of waiting, the promise me to send me my money back but no money it´s a shame!!!

no answer on my mails!

greeting tom from austria

Hubert Cumberdale

Well after a couple months I reciveved the hood today,all was there and all looked good.Not perfect there was a few deep pits and a few bubbles but im not sure how fiberglass parts are supposed to look raw.But overall I am pleased with the hood just needs a massage like every other part of this car :mrgreen: After geting the part would I go with them again?I guess it would depend on how much of a hurry I was in.

Scott

tweaked

Post by tweaked »

I hope they get their poop toghter as I have parts I want to order.
65 comet 7.61@96mph 1/8
Made in Canada, Built for speed.
Tweaked65 on instagram

https://youtu.be/JCVwEitXSi4