65 comet instrument panels

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
riverbum

65 comet instrument panels

Post by riverbum »

i have been looking around for a good instrument panel. since i have never owned a complete 65, or 64, i am guessing at what the dash and components are supposed to be. while looking around the net for all the pictures i can find, i found something interesting. i saw a 65 for sale and it had a horizontal speedo instead of the round speedo. it had a 65 grille, headlights and tail lights. i didn't get a good zoom in on the dash but the speedo was obvious. couldn't tell if it had the notches at the bottom of the cluster for the head light and other knobs. was i seeing things? is the 65 cluster interchangable? i hope i haven't already asked about this, but i have been trying to cram all the info i can find on these cars. and, i haven't drank any eggnog tonight, i promise...

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Re: 65 comet instrument panels

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

A 65 dash has a round speedo and four round gauges,fuel,oil,temp and alternator.The 64 has the horizontal speedo. ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

riverbum

Post by riverbum »

i know what it is supposed to be but look at this car and tell me what you think is going on

STROKED

Post by STROKED »

i don't have any info on the cluster, but i just found some killer under dash gauges. i've already installed them, and they look great, there period correct for a 1964 model. i found them at SO-CAL, there 68.00 including all parts needed. i included a pic of the gauges on my photobucket, check it out and let me know what you think. :shock: :shock:
Stroked
"Alabama Fan That Bleeds Ford Blue"
http://s1106.photobucket.com/albums/h380/rsbaker/
http://s1106.photobucket.com/albums/h38 ... %20Bronco/
64 Comet BFX Tribute
66 AC Cobra Webers
73 Bronco

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

The metal part of the 65 dash will have a cresent notch for the round speedo.The 65 cluster bezel did not have any notches for any switches.The basic dash is the same for 64-65 other than the speedo notch.It also appears to be a Cyclone as the Caliente has a stainless trim below the side windows on the outside. ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

riverbum wrote:i know what it is supposed to be but look at this car and tell me what you think is going on

Looks like a 64 instrument panel in a 65.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry