Interesting Hike

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
lavron
Site Admin

Interesting Hike

Post by lavron »

I was up at the new place the last couple of days took a hike around the back 40 (OK 80 but way in the back) I had seen this stuff before but hopped the fence to have a better look, this is out in the middle of nowhere by the way (I will post some pictures of old cars I took later), I don't how a person would have even got this car back here.

The wierd thing is the tank I don't have any idea of it's purpose, it has a concrete ring around the bottom forming a little dam.

And a hatch on the top, I looked down inside and there is a concrete cone inside.

Anybody got a clue? there are a couple of rock posts that they built also you can see them in the top pict, one has a post maul (???) embedded in the top and it looks like it has been used for an anvil. Remember this is really way out in the woods.

By the way I will attach more picts of the car, it really isn't in too bad a shape considering that it has been there a very long time.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

supercomet

Post by supercomet »

possibly a wood burning thing, maybe an out door heater???
Drew Wanzer
"I love the smell of roasting tires in the morning"