Glossy Black or Hot Rod Flat Black?

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Hillbilly Comet Man

Glossy Black or Hot Rod Flat Black?

Post by Hillbilly Comet Man »

I just wanted to get some input from the CC members.I am going to paint my 62 Comet this Summer.I have had it in Black PPG K93 since last year and have gotten a lot of compliments On the Rat Rod look,But I'm having trouble deciding between Shiny Clearcoat or Hot Rod Black.How do you guys feel about the Rat Rod movement?Thanks,Heath
19'62 2Dr. Sedan, Black with Red interior.
1962 Comet S-22,Champagne w/beige and white interior
Black 1993 Ford Lightning

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

That's a tough one, your car looks pretty cool like it is but I'm not sure how trendy that is? I guess it would boil down to how nice the body is, you know how tough it is to paint gloss black and make it look good. On the other hand glossy black looks good when it is done really well, one of my favorite colors (or lack there of).

Did that help any? :roll:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Hillbilly Comet Man

Post by Hillbilly Comet Man »

Believe me I know how hard Black is to make look show quality and Keep it that way,But if you get a smudge or a scuff on clearcoat you can polish it out,You can't on the flat stuff.
19'62 2Dr. Sedan, Black with Red interior.
1962 Comet S-22,Champagne w/beige and white interior
Black 1993 Ford Lightning

supercomet

Post by supercomet »

I like the Gloss Black just for the wow factor. People always love shiney objects. Where the flat black is cool and all, i think that the scuff factor beats it out, that and if you do gloss you will have something to polish!! Just my Opinion though.
Drew Wanzer
"I love the smell of roasting tires in the morning"

rditz

Post by rditz »

I have a 66' 2dr hdtp and I have painted Flat black and i think that it really suits the car... I may eventually get it professionally painted, but for now, i have enough $$ tied up in it that i just want to drive it...

My son and I found a Cyclone fibreglass hood and we painted gloss red on the scoops back to the windshield... a real nice contrast to the flat black..

as mentioned before, it is all about personal preference, I'm going Flat...

rditz

Pics in gallery

Post by rditz »

To show you what mine looks like, Mike has posted pictures of my comet in the Photos section.... I like the flat black look a lot...

rod