So what did Santa Bring you?

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
comethead

Re: So what did Santa Bring you?

Post by comethead »

1962Comet wrote:Well, Santa was good to me this year. I had only gotten my Comet in November, but that made for a quick and easy Christmas list (as I am usually tough to shop for, they tell me). So under the tree I found the following auto related items.

Car Cover
Fender Protector
1960-64 Lincoln/Mercury Master Parts Catalog (on CD)
NOS Merit brand replacement muffler for 1962 Comet
The Ford Falcon Six Cylinder Performance Handbook (can I say either of the "F" words on this forum?)
Simichrome Metal Polish
Original 1962 Mercury Comet Brochure
Mercury Sales & Service porcelain sign (repro)
Craftsman 7-piece Universal Ratcheting Wrench Set - Standard
and from my daughter - Red Fuzzy Dice!
So, it was a very good Christmas

Dan
Nice haul Dan!
And yes its OK to say the "F" word. Falcons are the Comets first cousins...and without that sector of the hobby us Comet folk would be even less likely to find certain parts.

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

RCMike

Post by RCMike »

So I guess Santa brought me my two front teeth, I mean tires, and some other stuff..

Riding nice now, here's hoping it still runs nice next month!
'63 Comet Hardtop

BJB

Post by BJB »

My daughter made me this :

I'm a Pop now, Mk 1....

"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains,..enough with the floods already..."

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Congrats ! it don't get no better than being a POP,,,,been one since I was 40yrs old,,thats a mighty fine looking baby,,,grand kids are the best...AND I don't care if you have 20 more,,there's something about that 1st,,you'll love them All,,But the 1st will always tug a little harder on the ole heart strings,,,,,BLESS y'ALL.....pop
pop/glenda

comethead

Post by comethead »

BJB wrote:My daughter made me this :

I'm a Pop now, Mk 1....

Congrats! Best gift ever!

Joe

6T5 404

Post by 6T5 404 »

Santa must want me to change the Comet's power plant to steam.
All he left for me was sticks and coal. Why??????
I think Santa has a warped sense of humor.
Dave

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

6T5 404 wrote:Santa must want me to change the Comet's power plant to steam.
All he left for me was sticks and coal. Why??????
I think Santa has a warped sense of humor.
Dave
that happens a lot,when your not a good lil boy and you don't eat all your vegatables..and say cuss words,.,.,.,.,.santa keeps a list.....one yr I got 2 sticks,no coal at all......( my kiss azz,brother got every thing).,.,.lol pop
pop/glenda

6T5 404

Post by 6T5 404 »

But POP what am I gonna do; call Leno and see if he will sell the power plant out of the Steamer he has? I have to get the Comet running someday.
Dave

P.S. At my age it is no fun to be good and I can't remember what it is like to be bad.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Dave its for sure SANTA don't like you,And i wouldn't put much faith in LENO being of any help,,hey hey..git you a monkey,a tin cup,hand organ and get on a busy corner,if you don't make any money,,try trading places with the monkey ever so often,DON"T scare the children and watch where you swing your tail.....remember ..you have to impress people....don't give up---practice makes perfect,,this will work,just ask JOE ,,,,GOOD-LUCK,,this will work dave ,,trust me,if you have any doubt,talk to one of those sharp dressed young ladies on the busy corner,,just look at what they ride in.,.,.,.,.,.pop
pop/glenda

BJB

Post by BJB »

We did a version of Kris Kringle this year and I can tell you it saved a lot of dough, and the heart ache rushing around thinking what to buy.

The best part, apart from the first born grand child was that we hosted the clan and the extended clan for lunch at our place and we just got to know one another again after living the hectic life for the past 12 months.

Presents are over estimated. Having my parents ( 87 and 84) siblings, children friends and extended family over is Christmas.
"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains,..enough with the floods already..."

6T5 404

Post by 6T5 404 »

POP,
I am really glad I told you what Santa brought me. I needed a laugh and you gave it to me. Now, if I can only get my tail in gear and start working on the car. I keep plugging away to finish it for Pigeon Forge but I don't know if it will be done. For sure it won't be done if I convert to steam power. On second thought if I did use steam power the car would have fewer cylinders than Fred's.
Dave

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

6T5 404 wrote:POP,
I am really glad I told you what Santa brought me. I needed a laugh and you gave it to me. Now, if I can only get my tail in gear and start working on the car. I keep plugging away to finish it for Pigeon Forge but I don't know if it will be done. For sure it won't be done if I convert to steam power. On second thought if I did use steam power the car would have fewer cylinders than Fred's.
Dave
Ok Dave, I am just gonna have to come to your place and stand over you to make sure some work gets done. After meeting you I can see a cattle prod in your future, held by me and motivating you to get this thing done. :P
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

DAVE,I got some stuff to do on my car also,can't make up my mind if I drive it or trailer it,,,,so my tail has to find a gear also.this grand son keeps me busy either deer hunting or coon or wild hog.I want to have a new coat of clear sprayed on my comet and both 4bbls are in dire need of attention. but knowin me,I'll put it off til middle of May,then thrass like crap to have ready for JUNE,,,but wheres the WILL,.,.theres the way....(something like that) (I don't worry about much,ain't that type)))!!!!thank you POP
pop/glenda

comethead

Post by comethead »

popscomet wrote:,,this will work,just ask JOE ...
I saw you sneak that in there! Image

Joe

comethead

Post by comethead »

6T5 404 wrote:Now, if I can only get my tail in gear and start working on the car.
Dave if you need a hand cutting a very large hole on the left side of the trans tunnel let me know. Will travel.Image

Joe