Track Report

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
popscomet

Re: Track Report

Post by popscomet »

duncanjl wrote:Pop sounds like you are having the time of your life ,keep the wheels turning .was told by a very smart man one time (when you get rolling put both feet flat in the floor and let her eat) CONGRATS C U LATER ROLL COMETS J L
that's what I try to do,JL...but I have to turn left 4 times per lap :shock: that's where the problem comes in :lol: .......did ms PAT make it home safe and sound? tell her we said howdy...hope she's doing well !!
pop/glenda

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

She made it back fine but been sick since got home breathing not as bad as has been siatic nerve back to dr today I got some of the cherry extract started today say 2/3 times a day what do you take ROLL COMETS J L

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

after taking 3 per day for the 1st week,I take one aday....hope that woman gets better...if your place is like here ,when GLENDA is under the weather,nothing goes as planned or the way it is susposed to...even the dang dogs bark to much :lol: :lol: POP
pop/glenda

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

She seems to be a little better today and yeah like the old saying goes if mama ain't happy nobody is happy I'll start 3 tomorrow only got around lunch none of drug stores had them had to go to herb shop keep them wheels turned to left and ROLL COMETS J L

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

GLENDA WENT AFTER MORE TODAY AT WAL-MART,and WALGREENS,was told they both do not carry them anymore.will have to get them on line and have them delivered to the house.... :shock: :( :o
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

I survived Friday's elimination and made it to Saturday. The only bad thing is I'm a sitting duck now. I didn't take enough time off my time run yesterday morning and my dial is now set at 10.42. Yesterday afternoon the sun, heat and humidity slowed me down and I'm pretty sure I'll have a hard time running the number again. Either way I'll have fun. 6 out 7 in our group won 1st round so that was a good start.

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Way to go Loman. Wait till in the mornin to see the results.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

loman

Post by loman »

3 of our group me included made it down to the final 16 and then all 3 of us went out. I lost like I predicted because I only was able to run a 10.47. No where near close enough to my 10.42 dial. I had a .016 light that I will take all day long but he had .007 light. So it was over at the start, I never caught him. Went and talked to him afterwards and he was a real nice guy and wished him luck going forward. I think that was the first time I ever raced against a Hudson Hornet. The Comet that won last year was still in at 8 cars when I left so there was a chance for a Comet repeat winner.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

congrats ,LOMAN ,back in the day,,the Hudson hornet was a very fast car,,they were real popular in the early days of NASCAR,due to their low center of gravity,...
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WELL ,after a while of not getting to race,thought we'd get a few laps in tonight...BUT we didn't !! the rain GODS had their way,,made it to the track and into the pits,,clouds started forming got dark,so we never unloaded the cars,,the bottom fell out....BIG OLE RAINDROPS ,,traffic was at 40 mph on the freeway it was raining so hard...but me and GLENDA made it home just fine,,,,will try it again next Saturday night.....around here this time of the year,you look for raindrops somewhere most everyday....
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Well you were out with the family, ridin around in the rain, that's cool! :D :D
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

GONNA try this dirt raceing one more TIME!! will leave in about an hour or so,,rain came threw just before daylight,,,it's just plum hot and muggy outside right now.....but a little sweat never hurt anyone ,, :shock: :roll: when the sun goes down,it;ll be worth it...back later with the GOOD BAD AND UGLY !!!!!!!! :!: :wink: 8) :D :D
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

After Bowling Green, I put a dominator on the car. The first week out, it had a stumble about 10' after the launch. Somehow I managed to go 4 rounds and lost to the eventual winner. The next week I added jet extensions and that seemed to take care of the stumble and I made it to the semifinals and lost to the eventual winner again. It seems the 1050 picked me up a tenth or a bit more. The thing that amazed me was the 60's times. I had 8 passes and the first six were all 1.45 and the last 2 were 1.44 after the sun went down. That is the most consistent it has ever been. Then yesterday at Fun Ford at Gateway I made to the semi's again and surprise I lost to the eventual winner. The first 2 weeks were 1/8 mile and the best pass was 6.50. Yesterday in the 1/4 it managed a 10.32 in the heat. Also, line lock quit working on me yesterday, so I couldn't do a proper burnout. All in all its been a good couple of weeks.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

.....11 cars started the heat race,which is no more then a qulafier for the feature race,OL POP came in 4th after starting dead last....but with one lap maybe 2,the transmission in DWAYNE'S car went out,so beings he is the points leader,and did not need to sit out the feature and lose valuble points,I made the decision for him to drive my car,,the track owner agreed ,so son drove my car and after starting dead last ,he crossed the finish line in 4th place also,,,so he kept his point lead and OL POP watched,DWAYNE SAID after the race ,DAD,your car ain't as fast as mine,and it's harder to see out of....I said ,well if I decide to do this next year,we got some work to do during the winter and off season.....ALL in ALL,OL POP is having a blast,and my crew chief{Glenda} is also...but it wouldn't be any difference if I was playing a game of marbles,she'd be right by my side,,,,,telling me where I goofed up :shock: :lol: {truth is,I depend on it} :wink: :!:
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

IT'S HOT :!: :!: but we race tonight and tomorrow night back to back,,,am loaded and ready to leave here about 3:30,,my crew chief said she'll show up about 7,when the sun starts going down and it's cooling off.....back later with the GOOD BAD AND UGLY.....POP
pop/glenda