Track Report

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
tomb22

Re: Track Report

Post by tomb22 »

Way to go POP. Give your son a high five.
Tom
tomb's 65

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

thanks everyone !!!.... :D …pop
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

Drag racing is coming back to Kansas City area. A new 1/4 mile dragstrip is being built at the Odessa I 70 dirt track site . They are also going to reopen the dirt track. They are hoping for 2019 opening. My fingers are crossed that it happens.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

loman wrote:Drag racing is coming back to Kansas City area. A new 1/4 mile dragstrip is being built at the Odessa I 70 dirt track site . They are also going to reopen the dirt track. They are hoping for 2019 opening. My fingers are crossed that it happens.
that is great news....so many tracks have closed down,,,,again GOOD NEWS...….
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

loman wrote:Drag racing is coming back to Kansas City area. A new 1/4 mile dragstrip is being built at the Odessa I 70 dirt track site . They are also going to reopen the dirt track. They are hoping for 2019 opening. My fingers are crossed that it happens.
that is great news....so many tracks have closed down,,,,again GOOD NEWS...….
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WOW !! SUCH GOOD NEWS....IT'S A DOUBLE WHAMMY :!: 8) :lol: :) :wink:
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

IT'S HOT,so we stayed home to watch the NASCAR race tonight. That's a perk we have grown to like this year,,we are not in the points race this season,we have the championship the last 2 yrs straight,so we race when we feel the itch...we scratch it when we feel like it 8) …...we are not under the pressure of having to be on that track all the time or having to work and attend the race car everyday.....have a great week end,what's left of it ! we sure are ,,,son's at home kicked back under the AC and OL POP is also and waiting on this woman to holler ,,come fix you a burger....time to eat before the race comes on 8) :D pop
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

Cool weather today so it should have been a good day for racing. I loaded up the car and packed up my coolers this morning. Locked the shed and house up and started walking to the truck. Wham! trailer tire is flat (but only on the bottom side :lol:) Since I was going by myself to a track 3 hours away, i decided to stay home instead. I took the tire off and found a piece of steel in it. Took it town and had it repaired. I should be good for the next race day. So I had some quality time with my other car today.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

loman wrote:Cool weather today so it should have been a good day for racing. I loaded up the car and packed up my coolers this morning. Locked the shed and house up and started walking to the truck. Wham! trailer tire is flat (but only on the bottom side :lol:) Since I was going by myself to a track 3 hours away, i decided to stay home instead. I took the tire off and found a piece of steel in it. Took it town and had it repaired. I should be good for the next race day. So I had some quality time with my other car today.
Did you unpack the cooler? one at a time? :lol: :lol:
Johno

loman

Post by loman »

Cooler is empty and I only have a couple left in the fridge. I guess that means it's getting close to bed time.

What sounds real good, is some Pigeon Forge fruit juice!

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

That'll put your lights out! :shock: :lol: :lol:
Jim

loman

Post by loman »

I took a week off of the 390 project, and finally made it back to the track. I didn't realize it was over 2 months since I last raced. Anyway, I lost in the 4th round but something cool happened during 1st round elims. I got lucky and the guy redlighted so I had a free time trial. I set a new 1/8 mile personal best land speed record (as I call it :lol: ). I ran a 6.3506 @ 108. Almost a 6.34. The time slip is hard to read so I put it next to my losing slip and you can see the numbers. The other passes were 6.36 -6.38. To say the dominator liked the cool weather is an understatement.
Attachments
thumbnail_IMG_2104.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2104.jpg (14.92 KiB) Viewed 3548 times

loman

Post by loman »

Went to a different track today and it was quite a bit warmer than last week. The fastest the car ran today was 6.43. The ol Comet didn't lose today and I came home with more money than I went there with. But... we only raced two rounds. There was a huge oil down early and it took a long time to clean up. Late today, another car was leaking oil and nobody saw it. He took off and made it 60' or so and then hit the wall and oiled most of the track. Driver was ok. The track called it a day since it would have been around midnight before they finished the race. The money was split between the cars that were still in.

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Maybe not the way you would have preferred, but at least you made a profit. :D
Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush....OL POP has been keeping up with you....just ain't said much 8) :D
pop/glenda