Track Report

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
popscomet

Re: Track Report

Post by popscomet »

the feature race is also called the A-MAIN,,track runs 25 cars in the A,,last night there 40 cars paid to race,so the track ran 5 heat races of 12 laps with 8 cars in each heat and they take so many from each heat,,,but to give more a chance after the top ever so many has qualified,,they run one more race called the B and take the top 3 from it and add them to the A MAIN......THE HEAT IS NO MORE THEN A QUALIFIER for the A...... the track trys to let as many cars race as they can,,,but it is goverened by the IMCA,CORY has to be IMCA LICENSED,he had to prove his worth by driving and had to have another older driver vouch for him.....IN CORY'S HEAT he came in 4th,but they took top 3 ..so he had to run a B MAIN IN ORDER TO RUN IN THE A MAIN
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WE are locked and loaded for one more night of ruff and tumble and beatin and bangin,,, then,we got 2 more races and the season will be over,,,,,we are tired and the end is sounding better and better,,after all it is almost DEER SEASON for us,,,CORY and me went to 2 different deer camps this week and BUSH HOGGED with the tractor,,going back in the morning and put out corn and the feeders.....the next time OL POP retires,,he ain't gonna do nothing,,,,but spit shine my comet :shock: :wink: :lol: back later with the good bad and ugly.................the little fords race tonight as well as the v8 modified.......pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WE DID OK,that's all you can say......in the little fords,,CORY CAME IN 5TH.....SON WAS 6TH.....in the modified,CORY was in 5th from 14 start..a car spun side ways in front of him and CORY had to broad slid it to keep from hitting the guy in the drivers door,and CORY CAME OUT OF IT WITH A BENT AXLE TUBE,,,,HE BROUGHT IT BACK TO THE TRAILER, the night was over.....oh well !! we got 2 more nights and it's all over with for the season.......we are ready !! for at least 3 wks :shock: :wink: :lol: :lol: pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

headed for the track in a while.one more and the season is over,,back later with ..good bad and ugly..........pop
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

Good luck to you Pop. I think this was my last day at the track for the year also. I went 3 rounds before I went .497 Red. It would have been a tough race to win. the guy I was lined up to race has been the track champ numerous times. He ran 6.855 on a 6.85 and he had a .520 light. I would've needed a really good run but the car slowed down a bit the last 2 runs but ultimately driver error is what did me in. The last pass was a 6.45 on a 6.42 dial.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

well,here's part of the good bad and ugly..Corypop drove 3 cars in 3diff classes last night,,,he didn't win in any of them,but the young man showed his worth,,we were proud of his abilitys,,,he's quite the whl man..to be so young..had a lot of part breakage last night some from a crash some from just being old,,anyway,there is one more race next sat and the season is over,,THANK THE LORD !!it's been a tough season this year and we are ready to close the doors for awhile,,,,,at least 3 wks :? pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

MY MACHINE WAS ON THE BLINK yesterday,so I didn't post that last night was our last race of the season,so now for the good bad and ugly,MY son won the championship in the little fords and grd son came in 3rd....in the open wheel modified grd son came in 6th place in the final standings,,so we had a great season,was very blessed and we are very thankful that no one got hurt and the cars made the season ..the good LORD smiled on us and for that we are very grateful....now let's go deer huntin..the heck with a race car///pop
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Congratulations to the whole crew on a great year Pop!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Johno

comet guy

Post by comet guy »

May you all get a well deserve rest. Congratulations

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

comet guy wrote:May you all get a well deserve rest. Congratulations
THANKS,we sure need it...it's been a long hard fought season......but we pulled it off in good standings......POP
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

Good job to the whole Pops family. Now go get those deer before they run out in front of a vehicle and hurt someone's ride.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

loman wrote:Good job to the whole Pops family. Now go get those deer before they run out in front of a vehicle and hurt someone's ride.
MAN,that very thing almost happened to me and Glenda last night or this morning about 2am,while pulling a race car home,good thing I have good binders and GLENDA SAW this big 6point buck charging toward my truck and I was on my toes,it would have ran head on and hit my right front fender on my 1994 f150 with 70,000 actual miles,boy I liked to have had a heart attack,boy, I could vesion my pretty black pu wiped out.........and thanks for the kind words ,we are glad it's over for awhile ,,we are tired,son and I never missed a race,grd son missed one and when I was in PF,I thought I was going to miss one but it was a rain out that night.....we need the rest !! it's been a long season..........pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

OUR 1st race 3-11,,play day will be a week sooner,,,,SON won title for 2016,2nd championship for him,so he said this year he will not run a weekly race,nothing else to win or to prove,,,will race only when he feels like it,,once or twice a month,, and grd son CORY,,will not race his little FORD at all,it's stored away,HE WILL focus on his v8 modified,,are building a complete new car for this year,,...that's one reason son is semi-retireing,so both he and I can devote all our efforts toward CORY and his car ...and we won't be under so much pressure trying to keep more then one car AT the track.CORY has always been ol pop and DWAYNE's main focus....now we are waiting on CORY'S 16mo son to get so we can put him in a GO-KART,,,( we still have the very 1st race go kart,that CORY had)...number 51F,,,,same number CORY has always used and still does,,,my number was 51G and when I gave my car to son ,he kept the number,,,the G stands for Glenda,, :wink: :shock: (that would been a hard guess,HUH? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
pop/glenda

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Pop are you guys putting a Ford in the modified or do you have to run that other brand? Good luck to you and the boys this year, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

THANKS PUGS,,THE modified will have to have a brand x engine in it..when you have sponsers that pay for almost all of it,and the engine builder just happens to be CORY'S father in law,who has a thriving business in building race engines ,you have to go with what they want. I'd rather have a ford and so would son,but..raceing at this level or any level as far as that goes,,you take all the free help you can,,this year Cory has a BRAND NEW CAR from end to end ,even a new quick change rear end....in fact 1 sponser is leaning toward a brand new trailer to haul the car in.,,,so you have to gulp alittle pride,at,,,, least it will be pulled by a FORD,,,as most are anyway....this modified was built (chassis) in MISSOURI,,CORY had to make a couple of trips there ,so they could measure him for the seat location as well as the pedals and even the cock pit area,,it was custom built just for CORY ,,they even put a decal in the seat area that says so...the man that built it also is a long time racer in and about MO.WE HAVE TO ASSEM IT AND ATTACH THE sheet metal,even the headers are custom built for this frame.....at least it is powder coated in FORD BLUE,per CORY'S request.....when I post weekly results,it will always be CORY and his doings that I will talk about,not nessacery the brand X motor......hey these headers were built 2hrs from here,JUST OUTSIDE FT.SMITH,ARKANSAS,by SHOENFIELD,inc....THANKS AGAIN,,,,,,,PF ain't far away...see ya soon.....beings I got your attention,,OL POP is leaning toward NOT BRINGING THE COMET...in fact I might NOT even bring GLENDA,my suggested the other night just him and I go and we'll drive his 2017 GT S'TANG,,NO MORE THEN THE COMET IS DRIVEN AFTER I GET THERE,it's really not worth the long hard pull to have it there,and GLENDA HAS A HARD TIME RIDING THAT LONG,,,,,,but I still have awhile to decide.........POP
pop/glenda