Track Report

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
pugs65

Re: Track Report

Post by pugs65 »

Give em hell Pop. The wife and I are going to pick up my aunt and uncle and go to a track I've never been to before. I'm sure we'll have fun. Cause that's what happens when you go to a dirt track. Hope everyone has fun tonight wherever you go, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

10-4,,,be careful and enjoy your self's.....am on my way in a few min's....I wish we were at the same track..that way I could give ya one of these hand shakes that I have saved up for you...see ya soon at PF
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

popscomet wrote::shock: HERE IN A COUPLE OF HRS,am going to watch only,,CORY'S modified is still a week or so out and his street stock doesn't race tonight...so we are just going to support the track and I'm taking my side by side and drive around in the pits and PICK AT PEOPLE,,SEE IF I CAN STIR UP THOSE GOOD O BOYS !!! :wink: { am taking a big stick,,some of those O boys don't play,mainly the pig farmers,,they don't have any sense of humor at all } :wink: :lol: pop
wELL I wished I could have rode in there with ya. I'd ride up on the back like granny clampet!! That sounds like fun! & these roids is still kickin me hard, so we might not make any new friends , just ruffle a few feathers, but I think we could have a heck of a good time!
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

poboyjo65 wrote:
popscomet wrote::shock: HERE IN A COUPLE OF HRS,am going to watch only,,CORY'S modified is still a week or so out and his street stock doesn't race tonight...so we are just going to support the track and I'm taking my side by side and drive around in the pits and PICK AT PEOPLE,,SEE IF I CAN STIR UP THOSE GOOD O BOYS !!! :wink: { am taking a big stick,,some of those O boys don't play,mainly the pig farmers,,they don't have any sense of humor at all } :wink: :lol: pop
wELL I wished I could have rode in there with ya. I'd ride up on the back like granny clampet!! That sounds like fun! & these roids is still kickin me hard, so we might not make any new friends , just ruffle a few feathers, but I think we could have a heck of a good time!
ain't never went to a race track that OL POP didn't have a heck of a good time..!!..and that's what feathers are for.....to ruffle :!: :lol: :) :wink:
pop/glenda

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

AMEN Pop. I like to ruffle feathers every now and then. Can't wait to PF myself. Johnnie I'm pretty sure you could handle whatever comes along. See you in PF also my friend, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed

loman

Post by loman »

My day at the track wasn't to good. 1st time run the car hesitated before moving after I let the transbrake button go. The second time run, everything worked ok and I had a decent reaction time .018. First round elim, my redlight problem from the past decided to show itself early. I bought back, and I got the lucky draw of racing last years super pro champ. He races Super Pro and Pro every week and he is good. He and his brother travel the midwest and have won several big money races over the years. I know he usually holds .02 -.04 on his dial. I had a decent light .023 but got blown away by his .003. It was over at the start and it wouldn't have mattered because my car slowed down .04. He had an easy victory.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

dad burn it,,don't that beat all ? but you had a good day and made it home safe,,,,and you didn't tear your car up....you did good and there will be a next time......pop
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

popscomet wrote:dad burn it,,don't that beat all ? but you had a good day and made it home safe,,,,and you didn't tear your car up....you did good and there will be a next time......pop
Making it home safe is an understatement! I might not have tore the car up, but the trailer is a little worse to wear. I now have a 3 wheeled trailer. On the way home, I thought I heard something a couple of times but not sure what it was. My dad thought I was just hearing things, he said it was road noise and the diesel motor. I was about 5-7 miles from home then I backed off the gas a bit and I immediately developed a terrible vibration. As I pulled to the shoulder I looked in my mirror and I saw a wheel come off the trailer. All the studs were broke off the hub. Being only 3/4 mile from my exit. I crept down the shoulder and got off the highway. I then took the back roads home. Luckily no one hit the wheel or it didn't hit anyone else. I went out early this morning when there would be almost no traffic on the interstate and retrieved my wheel. It had a brand new tire on it. The entire center section was broke out of it. I would have swore I had all the lug nuts tight, but looking at the mangled wheel I would say maybe they were not. I checked the lugnuts on the other wheels and they were all tight. Note to self and everyone else, always double check and triple check everything. I'm glad it didn't happen in downtown St Louis and happened where it did.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

POP has been there ,,more then once...lost a wheel one time off my single axel tr hauling my 1947 jeep home from deer camp.....never did find that tire whl combo.....ever noticed how the good LORD watches over us ??? everything happens for a reason,,,,,am glad you made it,OK !!!
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

be gone in awhile to the dirt track,this will be the maiden voyage for grd son's new modified,,and just for grins and giggles ,son 's takeing his little ford,,we checked it out and it's race ready,,,,so with a bit of of luck and a smile from up above,,we'll have a good night....back later with the GOOD BAD AND UGLY !!! POP
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

well the maiden voyage turned out OK,,didn;t win but the car did ok,,had a heating problem,but it ran good,,20 cars started the feature race,CORY started dead last was up to about 14th and spun out and with the heating problems and just a couple of more laps to go ,he brought it back to the pits,,,,,,NOW,WITH THE LITTLE FORDS,SON, started last in the heat race with 11 cars and came in 3rd,,but in the feature he came in 2nd....son's little ford raced tonight just like it came off the track last year,,all we did was charged the battery and air up the tires,,we didn't even have time to wash last years dirt and grime off it..but like OL POP told them,hells bell,,IT's a ford ,,,most other cars out there were brand new body's and engines,,I told them we'll take last years motor and SMOKE ya'll's butt and we did for a fact.............. :shock: :shock: :lol: :wink:
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

COOL! :D Cant win em all, but sounds like a decent night ! :D
Johno

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Congrats to you and the boys Pop. Glad every one made it home safe and sound, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed

loman

Post by loman »

Went to the track today with my newly repaired trailer. Everything made it home safely. It was a T N T and a Gambler's race. I made it down to the final 6 and lost. The car ran slower but was within .01 every pass except for 1 run. The car was right, but the driver still needs work. I think I recognize a pattern :roll: All in all a great day and had a good time. I even met a guy who bought a 1965 Comet with 390 2 4bbl's brand new :roll: I guess anything is possible but I'm from Missouri, Show Me that 65 with a 390.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WASN'T gonna do any raceing this wk end,take a night off,,,but son got bored and called me and said let's make a 2hr trip south and race at a place that is opening tonight for their 1st race of the season,,so I jumped up grab my boots and my hat and yelled at GLENDA,see ya sometime past midnight,,headed for the track,,just got home about 20 min's ago.....we put a spankin on those boys,,took the checker in the heat and in the feature...2nd place was at least 6 cars behind in the heat and 4or5 behind in the feature..the carb was to fat in the hot laps so we leaned it out for the feature just a tad,,reset tire pressure and put a spankin on those country hog farmers.....POP feels better now that I got my FIX :!: :shock: :lol: :wink:
pop/glenda