Track Report

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
pugs65

Re: Track Report

Post by pugs65 »

Way to go Pop. Happy Easter to you buddy. Don't eat to much, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

BEFORE I post this...I'm aware of what some will say or think knowing yesterday was mine and Glenda's 50th .....the weather was bad so we did not go anywhere,as we had planned to go out of town in fact out of state,but rain was ahead of us all the way,so WE,decided to postpone our trip,,til a later date..SON called and said there was one place In the state that was going to try to get a race in,so GLENDA SAID GO !!.....and twisted my arm !! :wink: ..........so off to the races I go with a sore arm...it rained some off and on going and the race was stopped for almost 45mins,,had to roll the track in twice,but we got the race in ,DWAYNE started the 15 lap feature in 5th place,took the led with 5 laps to go and honest to goodness walked away with the lead,those frt running cars had a whole bunch more under the hood then he did,,but he flat took them to school in driving and car handleing..got home at 4;00 am....this morning!!! pop
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Congrats Pop! :D
Johno

loman

Post by loman »

I did something this past weekend that I have never done in eliminations before, I had a perfect light (aka a red light that didn't happen). There were 6 cars left, and the .000 RT got me the bye into the final. Only the 2nd time I've made a final with the black car. Then I red lit in the final. :( All in all a good weekend to go 7 rounds to the final, its been quite a while. It was a good thing the other guy red lit since I was .003 slow and he was .003 fast. The guy that I raced this round was running on motor only, but with spray his car goes into the 7's in the 1/4. I've seen some videos of his car and it can put the back bumper on the ground, very impressive.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

way to go !! pop
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

Thanks Pop! That was the first time since last June I got to run 1/4 mile. The low rear tire air pressure really makes you dance around on the top end of the track. :shock:

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

loman wrote:Thanks Pop! That was the first time since last June I got to run 1/4 mile. The low rear tire air pressure really makes you dance around on the top end of the track. :shock:
:D it'll make that butt pucker for sure :lol: ..... 8) :lol: :lol:
pop/glenda

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Way to go Loman. Are you coming to PF? Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed

Loner

Post by Loner »

Congratulations on the .000 Loman hopefully the first of many.

Matt

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WELL,,OL POP has been 69 yrso for 10days,,and as being's I am as healthy as pretty much can be..I got to thinking about grd son's little ford race car just sitting at my shop and he is not ever planning on driving it anymore cause he has moved up to the OPEN WHL MODIFIEDS,,my son realy didn't want to sell it....it's a winning car,and in perfect shape,,,,so OL POP is entertaining the thought of getting back into dirt raceing,,,,it's been 8 or so yrs since I gave my car to my son,,he offered it back to me ,but I said NO ! cause you have it set up for you,,,so I'll just take over CORY'S car and reset it for my driving style..AND of course SON AND CORY said go for it ,,what ever I want to do.....so here in a couple of weeks,or maybe the sat after PF,,OL POP is gonna strap in and give it a shot...may stay with it may not,,but am gonna put the best foot forward,,,,my health stopped me before,,but it seems all that is behind me....we'll see.....POP is a piss poor on looker,,,,I love to watch those boys drive,,,,but will love it better looking thru a shield from the track.....while wearing a helmet with a fire suit on......wish me luck !! :wink: :D pop
pop/glenda

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Give em hell Pop.
302 roller
4 speed

loman

Post by loman »

Pop, you better do it. You only live once. Then you will have to update us with some first hand track news.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

loman wrote:Pop, you better do it. You only live once. Then you will have to update us with some first hand track news.
that's kinda the way I see it,,,besides,,,all I have to do is make 1full lap in the feature race and I get my entry fee back plus,,,so it's a win ,,win ......morrow,will try to take the little ford out of mothballs as been sitting since last season,,all 4 tires are flat but the high dollar battery in it is still HOT !! thanks and congrats again on your light............AND THE ..GOOD BAD AND UGLY will be posted,,,might even mention my goof ups :wink: :lol: :shock:
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WELL.OL POP,drove tonight,,per request,I started last in all the races tonight,,swiped the wall coming out of turn 4,,drifted high in a 4whl drift,and kinda kissed the wall,,car seems to be ok,but it felt like I had a flat so I took it to the pits,,come to find out,tires was ok.been at least 8 yrs since I even sat in a race car,,felt good !>>..my son won the feature race !! but I wound up in 11th place,out of 13 starters..son told me next time I THINK I have a flat,but not for sure,,,stay on the track til the flagman tells me so...I was more concerned about the car then anything,,BOY..those concrete walls are hard..glad I did a glance smack....GLENDA SAID THERE WAS A SPARK SHOW ,,cause I tried to keep it on the wall for alittle bit as not to come down the track in front of someone and get T-BONED....WIL RACE again the following sat from coming home from PF...POP didn't cut a big hogg in the butt tonight,but I got a small slice of it...BUT I had a great time...have a good un..................pop
pop/glenda

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Pop glad you made it home in one piece. A little love tap with wall never killed anybody. Can't wait to see you next week, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed