Track Report

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Rocket989

Re: Track Report

Post by Rocket989 »

Dang man...you’re <—o—> this close to cutting a 9.xx slip!! :shock: Seems like you picked up a few tenths from last year! :D :lol: That’s awesome!!
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

loman

Post by loman »

I made it down to final 10 cars. I had ok lights, but not great, they ranged from .023-.054. I lost on a double breakout.
The bad news I think I have an electrical gremlin. They called 1st round and my car wouldn't start. We checked a couple of things but didn't find anything. Car eventually started and I was able to complete the day. We unloaded car at home this evening and the car wouldn't start again.We think the problem is electrical so hopefully we figure it out before the hot rod reunion.

loman

Post by loman »

Today was the 2nd time i raced since the electrical issue and I have never had a problem since. I'm guessing a loose connection was the problem possibly the coil. Car has been starting every time.
Car was running 6.47 to 6.49 all day. I had good lights all day until i dialed up a red one in the 4th round. My buddy actually won the race today. He got down to 3 cars and got the bye into the final and then won. This was his first time out this year and was just wanting to make a few passes. I'd say he did ok.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

just got home from the dirt track,,son got a wild hair ,,so we went,,,I didn't drive,,,2wks ago they had a test n tune,,,,we went,I knew it was just a matter of time before we loaded up and went back,,,,hadn't raced this yr ,,son lapped half track on that test n tune night ,,,tonight there were 12 cars ,,he chose to start dead last,,,they run 12 laps,,he finished 4th,,not bad ,still running last season's wore out tires,all we've done is air up 4flats,charge the battery and add fresh fuel.....and I still !! had a blast :wink: :D …...I love dust and dirt....in my hair and up my nose 8) :shock: :wink: :!: :!: pop
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

Congrats to the Pop race team.I was wondering when you were going to make it back to the track.

Last week at Bowling Green I didn't fare so well, I red lit in first round. However, my friend with a 60 Falcon won. He raced the green/silver comet that won a couple of years ago in the final.

Yesterday, I made it down to the final 6. I had the guy on the tree but he ran his number dead on and my car slowed down a couple hundreths. Unfortunately they only paid out to the semi's. If they would have had 1 more entry they would have paid to the quarterfinals. At least I didn't have to buy back, so I count that as winning $40.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Congrats to the Pop team & the Loman Team!!!!!! :D
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

thanks,gonna try not to get wraped up in it,,,we're just taking a break from the rusty relic,,,planning on taking rusty to a monthly cruise in the 6 july….trailer it up there ,might not even unload it.....might have a pic or 2 with rusty hooked to my 66f100...should be a flash back from the 60's to the 70's... :shock: 8) :wink: :lol: …......my internet has been down since early sunday morning when storm blew thru...just now came up.....pop
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

I was flipping through the pages of National Dragster this morning and saw a really nice red 65 cyclone. It has a ram air hood with a teardrop. The guy won super pro and quick 8 races in the state of Washington at Renegade Raceway. It didn't list any et's. Anybody know anything about this car?

update,
I went to track website and there is a flyer with the Comet on it. I also checked the results and if I got the correct car, he was dialed 7.82 (1/4 mile) and ran a 7.86 @ 170 mph. Oh yeah, .001 rt. That's quite a run.

http://www.renegaderaceway.com/

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

That is a quick run!! Never knew about the dragstrip. There is a paved oval track right in Yakima that I've thought to check out as they run the West Coast Late Models.
May have to hook up the Boler and cruise down in Sassy on a weekend when both tracks are running. It's about 6 hrs from the house,, according to Google.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

On an 001. Some days, you just can't be beat. I have been fortunate to have some, but not that kind of speed, wow!
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

that's a hard to beat RT !! fast little car...…..it's so hot,but we are still going to the races,,but we getting there late..we'll just have to park on the back side of the pits,,that's OK..I always take a rhino side by side to drive around in if I don't take a race car,,CAVEMEN walked....POP DON'T !!!!! :shock: :lol: :lol: we got fresh tires on all 4 corners,,so son will have to adjust some what,,after 2 laps,he ought to be back up to speed!!…...there is so many non legal motors out there ,DWAYNE likes to go out there and beat them with a legal motor,,,he flat out ,out-drives them..we are in it this time strickly for the fun of it,,,no point raceing,if we was to do something to get DQ'd,,NO SWEAT !! we'll try to correct the situation and go back and kick their mortal backsides again,,!!!!...it seems like more cheating in this MINI-STOCK 4cyl class then any other class out there,,and it's just 3or4 that does it...we tried to tell them by their actions they are running people off,they don't care,thier just looking at tonight's race ….not the full pic....OH well !! we gonna give it our best ,tonight and hope for the best,,,,,pop
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Good Luck.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

just got home,late night !! we won the heat race and the feature race,son took em all to school ,he put a spanking on their backside ...gonna be off for a few weeks,as far as running our class,so we might freshen up the motor in son's car,,we have been raceing it hard for going on 3yrs,it don't smoke a lick,still holds good oil pressure,but we can tell it's alittle down on power,so a compression test is in order...besides it is starting to sling some oil out the breather,,not bad but it keeps the engine dirty....we'll see ,,kinda hate to touch it,,it runs so darn good....we showed them cheatin rascals tonight,,that's what counts....thanks MIKE,, for the well wishes......POP
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

Great job! Beating cheaters with a legal car would be like winning thousands of dollars to me.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Congrats Pop!! :D :D :D
Johno