Track Report

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
loman

Re: Track Report

Post by loman »

Hey Pop, I doubt if I know your car builder, but what part of Missouri was the modified built in?

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

loman wrote:Hey Pop, I doubt if I know your car builder, but what part of Missouri was the modified built in?
IT's a HOFFMAN....BUILT JUST OUTSIDE JOPLIN.......engines are built here outside LITTLE ROCK area
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

Only a couple of weeks away to test n tune as long as the weather holds out.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

loman wrote:Only a couple of weeks away to test n tune as long as the weather holds out.
DON'T THINK CORY is gonna try for test / tune....which is this coming Saturday,,,wants to let some newbie's knock some rust off,,gonna run his maiden race the 25th,,gonna race the street stock the week before at MARK MARTAIN'S home track.....BATESVILLE SPEEDWAY,,,,WHICH IS a handful of miles from his home.....pop
pop/glenda

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Pop I haven't been on here much. It won't be the same with out your Comet in PF, but I understand. Mine may not be there either. She might be under the knife. Still lining things up, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

dirt track races are rained out for tonight..................so me and son are going to the drag races for their test n tune.....if we start going very often,,,,I know what'll happen...stuff will be pulled out of moth balls and dusted off........so with a little luck we won't go often,,,we need to stick to dirt with CORY...!!{ the things a man does for his son and/or his grd son}......
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

That wouldn't be so bad , nothing wrong with a little drag racing. I'm not so sure you need that luck. A little variety never hurt no one!! :D

Maybe you need some more keys bounced off your head!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Maybe you need some more keys bounced off your head!! :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]
the other morning,that boy picked up the flash-light I keep beside my bed,and cracked me upside the head.... :shock: he was ready to go for a ride in the rhino....GLENDA,tells everyone that POP has meet my match,,,this 18 mo old boy is awesome !!....he's all BOY !!he tickles the fire out of me !!......
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Dang Pop, he may be another Babe Ruth, he can pitch & knock a homerun ! :lol: :lol:
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

I ain't for sure what he may grow up to be,,but he's apt to grow up without his little BUTT...POP is just about ready to tear the one he's got off...the little ornary rascal :wink: :wink: he might throw at any time what ever is in his hand,,he's spoil-t rotten for sure ,,but I LIKE HIM THAT WAY !!!!! WE HAD A GREAT TIME AT THE DRAG RACES,,,i SURE MISS IT...I told DWAYNE,we don't make very good spec-taters :!:
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

Pop, which track did you go to, Centerville?

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

loman wrote:Pop, which track did you go to, Centerville?
YES SIR !! have been going to that track forever,,I use tohave to sign for son to drive,cause of his age..it's been under new owners for the past few yrs,and they have fixed it up nice,,have you been there?.....pop
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

I haven't been there yet. Last year, a buddy of mine went down in February, and I wanted to go but the car was apart at the time. He said he really liked the place. People were friendly and track was good. We were thinking about going down for the New Years Day race or whatever race they had in January but it was cancelled due to weather. One thing that was kind of funny was once he got down there one of the first people he saw was another St Louis area racer. It would be over 6 hour haul for me to make it down there.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

If you ever get the chance to go ....be sure and try to remember to let me be aware of it...I will sure try to be there.!! way over 30 yrs ago when I first started taking my son up there ,the track was out in the middle of a pasture,,,it was so basic....no tree at 1st,,and when they finally got one it didn't work half the time and was started off with a flag at times,,,,but it got better and better and grew into a great track,,,,,I liked it back then cause it was like raceing behind the airport at 2am in the morning,,typical street raceing like we use to do....I loved it....only it was in the daylight !!...the bright sun was hard for me to get used to :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: see ya soon !!......pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

:shock: HERE IN A COUPLE OF HRS,am going to watch only,,CORY'S modified is still a week or so out and his street stock doesn't race tonight...so we are just going to support the track and I'm taking my side by side and drive around in the pits and PICK AT PEOPLE,,SEE IF I CAN STIR UP THOSE GOOD O BOYS !!! :wink: { am taking a big stick,,some of those O boys don't play,mainly the pig farmers,,they don't have any sense of humor at all } :wink: :lol: pop
pop/glenda