Show Schedule

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
mopar 346

Re: Show Schedule

Post by mopar 346 »

It was a good day, nice smaller show but it was at the track so at least some racing. It is actually way over billed for its actual size, it's been getting better the last few years but looks like it feel off this year. On the up side It was about 120 miles one way and the AAR performed without issue for its first road trip of any size, one step closer to the Comet Gathering. 2 weeks to go!
Careful your character's showing!

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

The 2014 Gathering was a blast, if you haven't looked in on thread you should. There was a lot of great cars there and there is an effort to make next years the single biggest gathering of Comets since the factory parking lot.

Here is a link to the pictures courtesy of Ratical:

http://www.cometcentral.com/forum/viewt ... =19&t=6452

I am looking into a show this Sunday Father's Day in Springtown, PA, I will post info when I confirm it. I would love to meet some members/Comet owners there. Mark is looking into it for me so I am hoping he can be there was well, he took me and Aunt Lou last year.

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Change of Father's Day plans, I have found a Mopar Show in Wind Gap, PA at Reagle Dodge from 9:00-3:00.

I also plan to go to a cruise Saturday night at the Walmart in Hardeeville, PA.

The week end of the 21st & 22nd I plan to be at Maple Groove for their Mopar show and I am really hoping Mark (383MERC) will be joining me.

I would love to meet any members that wants to slum in the Mopar world, just look for the rootbeer AAR with black roof and white guts.

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Last week end was a blast, at the Harleysville cruise there was a trick 65 Cyclone that belonged to a member here. I introduced myself and he was familiar with the forum and Aunt Lou (made me pleased), I encouraged him to attend the Gathering next year, gotta have the most Comets ever in one place since the factory! Spread the word.

This week ends agenda:

Friday night cruise at the DQ on 611 in Warrington, Pa

Saturday afternoon cruise at the Lowe's on 611 in Warrington, Pa

Sunday Mopars at Maple Grove, Maple Grove, Pa - hopefully Mark will make this one with me

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Hopefully PF can beat the 26+COMETS at the MERCURY show a few years ago!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE wrote:Hopefully PF can beat the 26+COMETS at the MERCURY show a few years ago!!! ROY.
If I could be there I could add one to the count though mine isn't truly a comet. It sort of is but it isn't. Would be nice.
Ron

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Well been home for a week or so including a couple of week end and got Aunt Lou out most everyday for some erand or soemthing. Even got her to a cruise both week end, What-a-burger last Saturday night and Sonic last night. There was a nice 71 Ranchero at Sonic that I haven't seen before, it was only a 302 auto but nice none the less. Tallahassee is fairly small so I know/have seen a great percentage of the cars that get out regularly, so it was nice to see something new. A buddy of mine picked up an early 61 Falcon (?) truck, the mid engine one, as usual it is just to run and make a buck but it is neat for want it is, very solid. I leave Wednesday to go back north for Chrysler at Carlisle the 10th-13th, I'll have the AAR there so if anyone goes over to the dark side look me up.

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Well made it to Carlisle and after 4 days even I had had enough but I did get some really good deals and even a full set of seat covers front and rear for m y R/T Sunday morning for $100, new Legendarys in the right blue. Turns out the guy changed colors shortly after buying them. This weekend it wil be back to Warrington at the DQ Friday night and Lowe's Saturday night, still looking for something to do Sunday if anybody has any ideas. Mark???? I think I'll PM him, probably been close to a year since we got together.

On a side note, I left Carlisle about 1:00 yesterday and just as I get intl New Holland (PA) I see a sign for a car show, so I find it. Great little show, 75-100 cars of all kinds, they were of course doing a tribute to the 50th anniversary of the Mustang so quite a few of them there. 2 cars of real interest to me, a silver with red interior 64 Mustang with a 260/2 speed on the floor, just a pretty little car and the other was a Mercury Turnpike Cruiser with a power back window, just cool. There really was a lot of cool cars there, so I guess I hadn't had enough. Not a Comet in the bunch and only a a 68ish Falcon 2 door and a 4 door of about the same year.

383MERC

Post by 383MERC »

Sorry i missed you again buddy. I've beeb out of circulation the last couple weeks. My wife just spent six days in the hospital for stomach problems and is now home from work for a while. She's taken up my attention and still working stupid hours at work. Just worked 4 12 hour days in a row and still have tomorrow. Matbe i'll leave early and just work 11 hours....haha. When are you up next?? Mark
1963 Comet S-22 Drag Car
1964 Fairlane 2 door sedan T-Bolt Clone
2007 Shelby GT
1989 LX 5.0 Convertible

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Sorry to hear about your trials, I am still up here for another week but back in Doylestown. Next time I am up will be in a whirlwind to pick up my car and go over to Ohio for the Nats. Looks like Sunday is gonna be decent now so I will probably try to find a show, let me know if you know of anything.

383MERC

Post by 383MERC »

Big Daddy's going to be at our 50th anniversary race over at Island Dargway in two weeks.
1963 Comet S-22 Drag Car
1964 Fairlane 2 door sedan T-Bolt Clone
2007 Shelby GT
1989 LX 5.0 Convertible

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

I'll be back in Florida this week end. I did drop by the Newtown show last Sunday, I was working on the 67 in the morning so I didn't make it in time to register but I parked pretty close. It was a small show but there was a black with red interior 289 4 speed 65 Cyclone that was pretty decent to say the least. I looked for the owner several times but never found them. Other than that there was a number of cool cars and a few very rare ones.

I was trying to find a cruise for tomorrow night after work but no luck so far, I wanted to do a last one before before I return home. In a few weeks I am back up to grab the car and head over to the Nats before taking it back home. It's been fun having it up here for a month or so but time to take her home.

I guess the next show/crusie will be the Sonic back home, first Saturday of the month, I'll take Aunt Lou.

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

On the up to the Nationals, did a little sight seeing ont he way, stopped today at the VA Museum of Trans, lot of train stuff (I thought about ya Pop), a number of buses and bus toys and a fair amount of cars. The highlights were a 34 Dodge Brothers school bus and a Kline Kar, of course we always enjoy the trains. We also took in Natural Bridge, pretty awesome to say the least. If anyone is around Roanoke, VA I would recommend you stop in, plan a few hours. Tomorrow I think we are gonna go to the Caverns on I-81 in VA going towards PA.

BJB

Post by BJB »

Lets Go Cruisin August meet.

With the weather improving, last nights turn out was well attended. So many beautiful American cars side by side with the local products. The old Studebaker , similar to what the Victoria Police used to run was there but this one was a convertible and had the famous Paxton Supercharger, but my favourite was the blue Ford Customline.
'65 Studebaker in Victoria Police Service.

I look at these cars in awe of the outrageous styling that is just stunning and never to be revisited. When compared to the modern cars that were designed by committees and conceived in a wind tunnel I wonder if our kids will drool over the contemporary plastic cars just as we do over these chrome juggernauts . Too many photos to load up in my photobucket account so I attach the link.

http://www.letsgocruisin.com.au/cruisin ... 01408.html

Fomet or Calcon

Last edited by BJB on Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains,..enough with the floods already..."

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Awesome thanks for sharing, I gotta start adding pictures, it really adds a lot.

I just got home from my adventures, drove the AAr from the Nationals (Columbus, Ohio) to the house (Quincy, FL) in the last 2 days, but she's back home tucked away for the night in the shop, tomorrow I will put her up and give her the once over but in nearly 4400 miles since leaving for the Comet Gathering in June I changed the oil once, replaced the passenger exhaust flange gasket twice and adjusted the clutch. Not too much to complain about and those of you who I took for ride knows I didn't baby her. Time to rest.