66 Cyclone GT strong price!

The Big Comets
albert

66 Cyclone GT strong price!

Post by albert »

http://www.raleighclassic.com/used-Rale ... J26S509940

Check out this car which is featured in an upcoming auction, they estimate $35 - $39K and it's a 390 automatic.
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

lavron
Site Admin

Re: 66 Cyclone GT strong price!

Post by lavron »

That is a nice looking Comet, too bad it is missing a pedal.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

albert

Post by albert »

lavron wrote:That is a nice looking Comet, too bad it is missing a pedal.

See Ya,
Mike
I agree, thought automatics would not bring that kind of money!
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Enough of you racist's. :)
Let me qualify that by saying I have multiple auto's, 4 speed's, a Tremec 5 speed as well as a belt driven Rhino. To the point; that car won't hit that number. Mine has more of a pedigree and I doubt that it would hit that dollar amount.
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

A pedal racist ! :lol: :lol: that's a new one on me! I don't think it will hit that number either. It might have a better chance if it had an original 427 , a cammer or something. I'd guess it would bring 20-27k
Johno

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Lip Ripper wrote:Enough of you racist's.
Let me qualify that by saying I have multiple auto's, 4 speed's, a Tremec 5 speed as well as a belt driven Rhino.
Stacy I will confess I can't remember the last time I drove a stick, besides the tractor :roll: However I love them and they make a really fun car IMO. I started driving a stick (3 on the tree no less ) when I got my Comet and almost every car I have owned since has been a manual until about 15 years ago and it all changed, hopefully I haven't forgot how :roll: not likely. I worked for a well drilling company between my freshman and sophomore year of college and drove trucks (not tractor trailers) and learned about two speed rear axles, secondary transmissions and how to double clutch.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

i notice it dont have a tach on the dashtop,i thought they were standard on cyclones but i think they are mostly standard on the stick shift cars like mine
fryedaddy
Image1966 caliente,428 4 speed,4.11 gears,nitrous,parachute

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Tach was an option just like a clock.

SW
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

Baldy

Post by Baldy »

I'm with you guys, wish it would bring that money, but, I doubt it. Tach was an option just like the clock, which this one doesn't appear to have either. I'm not sure about brake options in 66, but, mine is a single pot master cylinder and this is a double. That may have to do with being a California car. I don't know what that is on the left shock tower unless it's something to do with the A/C.. I may also be wrong, but, I don't think that the 500 wheels were offered on the Merc, Fairlane yes, and a lot of people used them as "aftermarket factory dressup" parts. The trunk looks good, but, the jack is missing. I am also really curios about the vent hose from the oil filler to the air cleaner base. The engine and trans was the only thing missing when I first was given my car, but, I don't remember seeing this in any research when I restored my car. All original and unmolested goes a long way, if it truly is. SoCal car and no rust means a lot also. Hey, 40k+ Falcons, why not 50k Comets :D. As JL would say : "Roll Comets"

Baldy

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Lip Ripper wrote:Enough of you racist's. :)
Let me qualify that by saying I have multiple auto's, 4 speed's, a Tremec 5 speed as well as a belt driven Rhino. To the point; that car won't hit that number. Mine has more of a pedigree and I doubt that it would hit that dollar amount.
I have a belt driven rhino also....and a 4spd and a 5spd and a 2 4spd's with granny low and a auto matic and 2 4wld drives....so what was your point ?? what have I missed ??in your post?? give OL POP some education here ......pop :? :? :? :!: :!:
pop/glenda

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Albert was inferring that 4 speed's were more valuable than automatic's. I was just having fun with it.

Rhino's are fun. Are you running stock or have you upgraded the sheave? I just replaced the original belt (that was still good after 10 year's) and I didn't remove the sheave to change the grease. The last couple of run's it feel's like the weight's hang on decel so I think I'm going to upgrade to greaseless.

SW

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

the only up grades on my 2008 450 rhino is a 3in lift and winch and after market tires and alumn whls.....it also has the top and fold down windshield.....mine is used at deer season and if I don't have to tow a race car on Saturday nights ,I haul it to the track,to keep from walking to the pits,,as am not aloud to take my truck only into the pits.......in fact,I fueled mine up at the 1st of the season and have not added any fuel to the tank since.....come to think of it ,,mine might be a 2006....don't recall zactly............AROUND HERE IT SURE SEEMS THE 4 OR 5 SPD BRINGS MORE DOLLARS THEN THE 'MATICS,no matter what it is....on a 5.0 mustang ,I know this is true....
pop/glenda