67 interior windshield/headliner trim

The Big Comets
Shumby

67 interior windshield/headliner trim

Post by Shumby »

Hello all,

New to the form but not new to the comet. I have a 1967 comet cyclone I share with my father. (He has it as he is retired and can enjoy it more) I am looking for the molding that goes from the head liner to the windshield. Any idea where to buy this. I would like a NOS. My other option at this point it to wrap the current piece in random weave CF texture it and paint to match. I would rather original but hey I want it looking nice. Any help would be great

Lip Ripper

Re: 67 interior windshield/headliner trim

Post by Lip Ripper »

Fact is; you ain't gonna find NOS. If you're referring to a piece of chrome/stainless trim. I haven't had a 67 hardtop in so long I can't picture what you're asking for. Picture?

Stacey
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

302rs

Post by 302rs »

are you talking about the piece that goes across the top I have a red one if interested thanks jeff

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

I'm not familar with what you are looking for. I had a similar problem, well not really a problem but the base for the mirror came from ford painted silver. Some models of falcons had a chrome base but could never find one. So I just painted it blue same as the rest of the interior instead of that ugly silver. Looks ok and you hardly notice it even though I notice it.
Ron