engine install

Unusual and Unique Performance Mods
pro64

Re: engine install

Post by pro64 »

Hey guys thnx for the input.i would love to install a double elec fan with a shroud pulling instead of pushing,but this big block had a word about that.as it stands i already moved firewall back 3 inches and removed shock towers for workable room.if push comes to shove i will modify radiator support to slide radiator forward,to install a puller fan and shroud.

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

pro64 wrote:if push comes to shove i will modify radiator support to slide radiator forward,to install a puller fan and shroud.
Can you move the radiator to the front of the core support? some guys do that.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

pro64

Post by pro64 »

The problem with moving radiator forward is you loose grill ,hood latch and lower valance mounting points .having said that im going to wait till everything is hooked up and test it.i think if i do have a problem there is a wide variety of cooling fan combos in size and cfm s,plus water pump pully sizes (slow down the coolant stays in radiator longer).time will tell. Thnx pro

fairlaniac

Post by fairlaniac »

As always Harry, nice work! I enjoy your updates, they keep me motivated :D
Doug Bender
1964 Comet Caliente
1966 Fairlane 427/4 Spd

pro64

Post by pro64 »

Thnx Doug looking forward too seeing the progress on yours. Can be a learning experience as you go but worth it when you start to see progress.

loman

Post by loman »

Hey Pro,

I think that color is awesome looking. Have you thought about an electric water pump? Maybe there is an electric pump that would give you more clearance than a stock style pump for your fan clearance issue. Keep the pics coming.

ec164

Post by ec164 »

Hey Pro, Really glad to see your progress, that Blue is a great color. Everything is looking good, and I can relate to all your time and effort along with finding the space for radiator and fan after a big block is installed................Al
Your ahead in a Mercury....all the way!

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Beautiful color! Motor looks great too! :D I have a spare rad support if you need it. you could have a double one! :lol:
Johno

pro64

Post by pro64 »

Thanks guys appreciate your input. Last sunday was the first day in 5 yrs that the rear wheels moved on there own.man its a nice fealing.