engine install

Unusual and Unique Performance Mods
pro64

engine install

Post by pro64 »

[Imageurl=http://s1221.photobucket.com/user/pro64 ... d.jpg.html]Image[/url]

So the long awaited driveline install has finally happened.after three coats of pearl blue,and four coats of clear.feals good to move forward once and awhile.

Lou's Comet

Re: engine install

Post by Lou's Comet »

Looks great. Is that the blue they are using on the new Mustangs??

Lou

pro64

Post by pro64 »

Yes it is the same as the 2015 mustang it's called deep impact blue. It has silver metallic with a violet pearl.this project has had a lot of unexpected delays it feals good to finally have drive line installed.

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

That color is awesome, weird part is when I drove past the local Ford dealer today they had a Mustang out front that color. First time I remember seeing it. I almost turned around to go back and check it out. Then get home and check out the forum and see your car same color!

You have any pictures of the whole car or just the engine compartment done for now?

I would be thrilled just to have some paint on mine lol

Lou

pro64

Post by pro64 »

Hey lou thank you a just engine compartment done in blue undercarriage done in black. The rest of the body in the process of shadowing and block sanding.taking my time on body one piece at a time.i have the grill and the eyebrows being chromed,once they are done i have taillite assemblies and bumpers then chrome is done.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

LOOKS super,I like under hood to be body color,,not black....anybody can spray it black...JMO///////POP
pop/glenda

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

pro64 wrote:Hey lou thank you a just engine compartment done in blue undercarriage done in black. The rest of the body in the process of shadowing and block sanding.taking my time on body one piece at a time.i have the grill and the eyebrows being chromed,once they are done i have taillite assemblies and bumpers then chrome is done.
A lot of work huh? Just got back to blocking more on mine.

That blue is awesome, the way it's tones and shading enhanced the body lines and shape of the Mustang really caught my eye. Going to really enhance the body lines /concave part on the side of a Comet. Can't wait to see it!

Lou

vicegrip

Post by vicegrip »

The motor sure looks nice in there! One word of caution...and I mean no disrespect, that pusher fan will probably be inadequate. I speak from experience on this. You might consider reconfiguring the radiator mounting forward so as to mount dual pullers or a mechanical fan and shroud. Nothing more frustrating than getting the car done and you can't drive it because it is overheating.

pro64

Post by pro64 »

Hey thanks visegrip no disrespect taken,will have to see this fan pushes or pulls 2200 cfm things are kind of tight with the big block as it is moved firewall back 3 inches.

pro64

Post by pro64 »

Hey lou yes alot of work forsure but hopefully the final product will speak for itself. Blocking down the car is where the finish is at. How you making out on yours.

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

pro64 wrote:Hey lou yes alot of work forsure but hopefully the final product will speak for itself. Blocking down the car is where the finish is at. How you making out on yours.
I agree!! Been blocking mine for awhile. Pretty much everything is done and ready for last coats of primer, except for the coves running down the side. Surfaced and blocked pretty much everything 3 or more times except the coves and hood. Got stupid hours into the hood and the coves have taken sometime to get right. Still not happy with the lower curve on the coves or as you put it the shadow??

Got the drivers side blocked over the weekend and ready for more surfacer going to block the pass side this weekend. Really itching to get some paint on it but has to be right!

Lou

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

"except for the coves"!!! Thats where the work starts!! They do appear a little simpilar on the 65s though.
I as well am looking forward to more updates
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Hey Pro, didnt realize where I was posting, just responded to Lous post.
That is a lot a motor!!!!
Gonna be a stunning ride, great colour choise.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

SASSY wrote:"except for the coves"!!! Thats where the work starts!! They do appear a little simpilar on the 65s though.
I as well am looking forward to more updates
LOL, yea never thought I would have that much time in just the coves. Couple weeks and should have more updates on my thread.

Lou

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

I will be surprised if that pusher fan is the ticket for you,,but I sure hope it is........pop
pop/glenda