engine upgrades

Unusual and Unique Performance Mods
Rocket989

Re: engine upgrades

Post by Rocket989 »

That's awesome!! :D :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: You guys get all the kinks worked out? How much different does it feel in the seat?
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

im putting the intake back on today,and no i havnt got to drive it yet,but it sounded way stouter than before when i cranked it.
fryedaddy
Image1966 caliente,428 4 speed,4.11 gears,nitrous,parachute

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

video on page 2 on this topic
fryedaddy

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

You seem to have a serious lack of traction problem or is it an open diff? also sounds like you're bumpin the rev limiter.
Johno

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

poboyjo65 wrote:You seem to have a serious lack of traction problem or is it an open diff? also sounds like you're bumpin the rev limiter.
sounds like you been there done that.i have street tires in the video,so yes i had traction problems,and yes i got on that rev limiter in a hurry at 6000.it even hit the limiter in 2nd briefly.i have some hoosier slicks i run most of the time,except winter,and i dont have a traction problem with them on.
fryedaddy

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

i got my intake back on,fired it up.so far,so good.im going to set the timing and carb in the morning,and hopefully go for a ride
fryedaddy

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

fryedaddy wrote:i got my intake back on,fired it up.so far,so good.im going to set the timing and carb in the morning,and hopefully go for a ride
COOL FOR YOU !!! OL POP could not had stopped til,,,,I drove it !! would have stayed awake all night wondering....been there ,,done it !! you have more self control then me...hope all is well in the morning
pop/glenda

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

i got my timing and carb set and i went for a ride,open headers and all.i am so pleased with the seat of your pants difference in performance.i will get a new video posted asap after i get my exhaust hooked back up.i cant get over how much better it seems to breathe compaired to before
fryedaddy

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

:D :D :D cool, rattle the rods in that bad boy, :D :D :D :D co :D congrats on a job well done..pop
pop/glenda

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

my son helped me install a new holley electric fuel pump today.with all the new goodies,it was starving for gas at wot.it had an old carter mech pump on it,that has been on it for 30 years.it was struggling to keep up lately anyway.this engine with alu heads,intake,water pump,and the battery in the trunk its liter up front than a small block.a fe engine with alu heads,intake and water pump weighs less than 450 pounds compaired to 600 pounds stock.that helps!
fryedaddy

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

A stock intake on a FE tips the scale at 95 lbs,best I member !!........the more pounds you trim off is that much you don't have to tote around....now all you need is to put the 4spd in it..... :wink: 8) :D
pop/glenda

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

popscomet wrote:A stock intake on a FE tips the scale at 95 lbs,best I member !!........the more pounds you trim off is that much you don't have to tote around....now all you need is to put the 4spd in it..... :wink: 8) :D
its killing me wanting to change it back to a 4 speed.maybe one day soon.
fryedaddy

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

fryedaddy wrote:
popscomet wrote:A stock intake on a FE tips the scale at 95 lbs,best I member !!........the more pounds you trim off is that much you don't have to tote around....now all you need is to put the 4spd in it..... :wink: 8) :D
its killing me wanting to change it back to a 4 speed.maybe one day soon.
WELL REST UP !! CATCH YOUR BREATH....GATHER ALL YOUR PARTS UP IN ONE PILE AND ...DO IT....AIN'T NOTHING HOLDING YOU BACK,BUT YOUR NERVES :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:
pop/glenda

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Looking forward to the new vid...that thing oughta HAUL!!!!!!! :D :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

Rocket989 wrote:Looking forward to the new vid...that thing oughta HAUL!!!!!!! :D :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
dog gone it Rocketman,i took my son for a ride yesterday,turned on the camera,gps,and radar detector.we made one hell of a hit,got back home to watch the video and it didnt take,too full of videos already so it didnt record.thats a shame because i held it to it threw every gear.i will try to make another one this weekend and post it.i put my slicks back on and it hooks very good,im happy
fryedaddy