engine upgrades

Unusual and Unique Performance Mods
Rocket989

Re: engine upgrades

Post by Rocket989 »

Shucks man!! I did worse recently trying to get a vid rolling some curves but turns out you gotta hit the "Record" button before it'll ah, record!! :D :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Rocket989 wrote:Shucks man!! I did worse recently trying to get a vid rolling some curves but turns out you gotta hit the "Record" button before it'll ah, record!! :D :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: it never hurts to read the directions....most times I think I'm smarter then that guy who wrote the manual....it bites me in the butt everytime :shock: :lol: :wink: pop
pop/glenda

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

Finally got a little video with the new heads and intake,and slicks. i only got to run through 2 gears because of the traffic,seems like every time i try to make a video someone either wants to watch or theres too many cars around.one day i will take it down the country where theres no traffic and really let it breathe. the after video might not look much different,but believe me i can feel the difference,even at lower speeds.

https://youtu.be/4Nv32N_mhf0
Last edited by fryedaddy on Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fryedaddy
Image1966 caliente,428 4 speed,4.11 gears,nitrous,parachute

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

nothing special,just an old junker going down the road,not that quick in the real world,but it will smoke most anything daily driven on the road in my area
fryedaddy

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

runs great,keep up the good work fryedaddy.no replies,so i thought i would send myself one.
fryedaddy

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

fryedaddy wrote:runs great,keep up the good work fryedaddy.no replies,so i thought i would send myself one.
this reminds me of that time at work one night ,a co-worker was sittin by his self just laughing his butt off,,,I asked what was so funny ? he said,,AW,I just told myself a funny joke,that's all.... :roll: :!:
pop/glenda

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

popscomet wrote:
fryedaddy wrote:runs great,keep up the good work fryedaddy.no replies,so i thought i would send myself one.
this reminds me of that time at work one night ,a co-worker was sittin by his self just laughing his butt off,,,I asked what was so funny ? he said,,AW,I just told myself a funny joke,that's all.... :roll: :!:
either im funny looking or my wife has that disorder where you laugh over nothing randomly,because she sits around and laughs at me all day
fryedaddy

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

fryedaddy wrote:
popscomet wrote:
either im funny looking or my wife has that disorder where you laugh over nothing randomly,because she sits around and laughs at me all day
OL POP, is staying in neutral on that one.... :wink: ....no comment !!
pop/glenda

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

I missed your post...I'll reply! Sounds bad ass, runs bad ass!! :D :D :lol: Damn fine Frye!! :)
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Headers sounds good! waitin on that country ride. :D
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

fryedaddy wrote:nothing special,just an old junker going down the road,not that quick in the real world,but it will smoke most anything daily driven on the road in my area
DAD-GUM.fryedaddy,,,,you must live in a poorly populated area....we got 4cyl turbo charged,rice burners around here will smoke a FE,,,LET ALONE 5.O's....jmo :shock: :wink: pop
pop/glenda

Groover

Post by Groover »

Sure sounds nice to me! nice work.
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

thank you for all the positive comments guys.i do the best i can with what i have.im not a racer and i dont claim to be..Pop ,i have seen some of those rice burners your talking about and everyone knows what can be done with a 5.0 mustang and a decent pocket book,but i dont see to many of them every day at the grocery store,wally world,etc.if anyone wants to see someone brag about their fe's go to the dove website,he claims to outrun the fastest big block and small block chevys in the world as well as other fords and he has the worlds fastest short track ford fe powered of coarse,or claims to.he says the fe will out power and out last nearly anything out there. good fe parts are now avalable ,so if you havent done a modern fe.they have came a long way in the last 5-10 years.not just grandpas old 390s anymore.jmo
fryedaddy

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

I agree with ya ....fryedaddy.....but there's always one lurking in the shadows that will be faster...somewhere someplace,,,,but in your case,OL POP likes your old ride ,it sounds great on video,,you and the grand kids have done well ,my friend....good luck and enjoy the crap out of it..you worked for it !!......pop
pop/glenda

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

yea theres always somebody better,faster,stronger,and yes i had a smallblock or two put me in my place over the years.im just lucky enough that i dont have to many mean streetcars in my stomping grounds right now ha ha,but you can pretty much hop up anything these days.its just a matter of how much money you want to sink in it.you could sink 15-18 grand on a 600hp fe,or get a 600hp small block for less than 10 grand. 30-40 minutes away on any given weekend i could find dozens of quick cars that would blow me away at bristol int.dragway,but they are not driving their cars to work every day
fryedaddy