engine upgrades

Unusual and Unique Performance Mods
fryedaddy

engine upgrades

Post by fryedaddy »

well,i bought my comet some nice xmas presents,new bbm heads,rpm intake,coated hookers,and hs rockers.i cant wait to put all these goodies on my fe.merry xmas and happy new year to all
fryedaddy
Image1966 caliente,428 4 speed,4.11 gears,nitrous,parachute

vicegrip

Re: engine upgrades

Post by vicegrip »

Nice! I heard the heads were hard to come by. I really want a set but right now I'm working on 385 stuff and the 428 is on the back burner.Are you running them out of the box or having one of the boys work them?

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

im running the heads out of the box, ready to run, 2.20 int,165 ex, valves, but im going to have my rpm intake worked on. the bbm heads you can get with about a month wait,but the felony heads are not ready at this time.
fryedaddy

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Right on Frye! Glad to hear from you - thought maybe you got lost in the shed looking for the top-loader!! :D :lol: :shock: :D

Should be a beast with those upgrades!!!
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

thank you Rocketman! i sure hope its a beast when i get done. thats the plan anyway. if i can get all this done before spring is the question. im rebuilding the frontend and rear too,and im going to put the toploader back in. for the first time in the 34 years that i have owned my comet i have a dollar or two to spend on it,so im going to get this stuff while the getting is good!i will post a pic or two when i get started.
fryedaddy

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

That's awesome!! Looking forward to the pics/ progress. I'm trying to find time to get my SBF done, etc. over the winter. Slow goin' ...wife keeps finding me house stuff to do!! :shock:

Your headers gonna work with the clutch linkage??

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

no problem with the headers,they will fit straight or auto.i also got me a new 16 gal fuel cell and a safety shut off switch for the back.i only have about 2000 miles on my 428,it runs great,but i dont care to take it apart for the extra hp that the heads,intake,headers,etc. will give it!
fryedaddy

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Good deal...I know the feeling!! You just gotta loose the first intake bolt...definitely a bolt & you have to finish! :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

What kind of shut-off switch did you get??

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

i bought a fastronix battery shutoff
fryedaddy

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

i got my fuel cell mounted in the trunk and i got my battery mounted in the trunk along with the shutoff switch i mounted on the rear bumper.i pulled my intake off today and when i get my headers and heads unbolted.im going to put the new alu heads,rpm intake,hs rockers and coated headers back on.cant wait to see and feel and hear the difference.
fryedaddy

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

i got my heads and headers off,im going to clean everything up in the morning,and hopefully have it running this weekend.
fryedaddy

loman

Post by loman »

Keep at it, take your time and everything will go back together easier.

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

thanks your right Loman,i got a little frustrated fishing my new headers into place,so i took my time and got them on,.im going to see if i can get some pics on here,before,during,and after
fryedaddy

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

well,my heads are on and torqued,intake is on and torqued.dist in,headers on but there are 32 header bolts,16 on each side,and none are easy to reach.i like finishing the headers,put the starter back on,put steering bar back on,oil filter adapter,carb,and fuel and water lines back on,then maybe i can fire it up.i left the carb full of gas.i bet my son it would crank the first try when we get it ready
fryedaddy

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

:lol: :shock: man ,that close and your wasteing time telling us about it ???? :shock: :wink: those header bolts are a job for that SON,,he has those young limber hands and fingers.....hurry !! we waitin to hear how it sounds,,,,stab the dizzy right close the 1st time and she will bust right off,,,your advantage to all ready have gas in the carb.........good luck.....pop
pop/glenda