Roy's Ride,,The California Caliente!

Unusual and Unique Performance Mods
CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Re: Roy's Ride,,The California Caliente!

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Mike;I'm not sure what happened or when! The engine was running great[10.33 @ 129] but the cooling system was developing/holding so much pressure[even after three weeks of not running] that it started weeping out anywhere it could.I pulled it apart,could not see any reason so I took it to the machine shop,they pressure tested the block and heads,no leaks!I have gotten opinions from an air bubble blockage[no overheating issues] to blown head gaskets[no sign],head gaskets on backwards[NOT]to a faulty radiator cap!I had the heads resurfaced and used another block,had it machined in order to use my existing rotating assembly.So I will assemble everything,luckily nothing was broken,on the new block and try again!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

383MERC

Post by 383MERC »

Sounds like you should have it covered! I can't imaging what else could have been causing that.
1963 Comet S-22 Drag Car
1964 Fairlane 2 door sedan T-Bolt Clone
2007 Shelby GT
1989 LX 5.0 Convertible

ants875

Post by ants875 »

I got to meet Roy yesterday and picked up a door from him for my 65 and just wanted to say what a great time it was. I only spent a couple hours there, I had my 3 year old son who lost interest with the car talk but hung in there as best he could, but Roy's car is a real nice piece and Roy's quite a guy. It was nice to look over the car and get some advice on a few things that I'm going to do to mine.

So thanks again to Roy and if you get up to Washington state be sure to let me know and come by to see what I got going on.

Anthony