Roy's Ride,,The California Caliente!

Unusual and Unique Performance Mods
SASSY

Roy's Ride,,The California Caliente!

Post by SASSY »

Last edited by SASSY on Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

lavron
Site Admin

Re: Roy's Ride!

Post by lavron »

I will have to look into it, it looks like because you have register it may not allow direct linking.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

tweaked

Re: Roy's Ride,,The California Caliente!

Post by tweaked »

Love the wheels in the air pics. :mrgreen:

Roy what size are your slicks and rims?
Roger
65 comet 7.61@96mph 1/8
Made in Canada, Built for speed.
Tweaked65 on instagram

https://youtu.be/JCVwEitXSi4

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Roger;my slicks are 29.5X11.5WX15 on 12" rims [13"wide].The Comet runs a 352"bored and stroked 1965 289 block,Edelbrock heads and Victor jr intake,solid roller Crane cam,13to1 KB pistons,Liberty pro-shifted toploader 4-speed,5.43 gears in a complete 35 spline Mark Williams rear end.I leave the line between 5800 and 6200 rpms,depending on bite. Fred;thanks for posting for me,I still have not figured out how to post,of course just getting this electonic frustration device running is a challenge. ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

It's always a pleasure to be able to give back!
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

tweaked

Post by tweaked »

Thanks Roy for the info. I'm working on my comet and planning to get to shortening the rearend housing soon. I have Mickey Thomson street tires on my 12" wide centre lines but was concerned about the difference of width would be when I switch to slicks.
Roger
65 comet 7.61@96mph 1/8
Tweaked65 on instagram

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Roger;my section width is about 13.5" and my wheels have a 3 3/4" backspace.I ran MT 31X18.5X15 Sportsman Pro's until I decided to go racing again.My Comet has an Alston backhalf with coilovers and ladderbars,with the original rear subframes long gone.I can get you the measurements if you need them. ROY.

tweaked

Post by tweaked »

Thanks for the info Roy, I just read what you had to say about the roll bar on Jim's thread. I did that last year for two friends cars(dodges) retaining the back seat by following the roof line and window.
Roger
65 comet 7.61@96mph 1/8
Tweaked65 on instagram

krashyman

Post by krashyman »

Wow, Roy, I want to frame those pictures and hang them on my wall! Your Comet looks awesome, and it sounds like it must perform even better!! Congrats on having such a great car. Best, Josh

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Josh;Thanks for the compliments!!! ROY.

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Josh;man it just hit me who you are!!! How is your pro-touring Comet coming? I would guess you are on the road by now.Give us an update on that BEAUTIFUL 65 COMET! ROY.

krashyman

Post by krashyman »

Hey Roy. Yeah, it's not quite on the road yet, but getting real close. It's been almost three years in the making, so what's another month or so? lol The interior is now finished, all glass is in, and the front outter fenders are back on. We bascially have the exhaust to build, a few final assembly items, and then testing. The shop hopes to have it done by March so I can take a look and make some final choices, and then the shop will have a month to test it before it gets delivered in April. I try to keep my thread over at pro-touring.com updated, but I still need to post some of teh final interior shots. I'll also post a couple of pics on my thread here at cometcentral. Thanks again for your interest . . . maybe some day the comets will meet . . . do they have large scale comet get-togethers?

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Josh;WOW,3 years!!! I think it will be worth it if runs and drives as good as it looks!!! I don't know of any National Comet meets,it would be a blast to get to see all the great cars[and people], from this forum in one place!!! I'll cruise over to the other site and check out your Comet. ROY.

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

I have been following Josh's build since the beginning, very cool. As for the National Comet thing I think we should try to do it like a family reunion with cars. Just get as many of us together as possible at a track or park or what ever. I bet it would not take much to be the biggest gathering of Comets ever. 8)
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

Bad Brad

Post by Bad Brad »

Ok, I'm a little slow, but is that your car Roy in the may 2011 issue of car craft?
We all pay the price for having something unique!