new best time but

Unusual and Unique Performance Mods
tweaked

Re: new best time but

Post by tweaked »

Thanks for the input guys. I was looking at another 65 comet that is a drag car so I could have both but finainces say no right now. I will lighten up the car before next year. I also hope to race more so I can tune the motor beter. If I was not still hurting from my surgery I would have started pulling the exhaust off and maybe some more parts to hit a 12. I also listened to everyone and started backing my shift points down. My fastest pass was my first with no rev limiter chip in 9000 plus burnout(oops) and 8000 plus shifts. I just have out of the box windsor jr heads that I'm sure top out by 7000rpm. My last or second to last run was only a couple thousands off shifting at just over 7000. A couple years ago I borowed the carb off the 64 fairlane and picked up 3 tenths. I will just keep having fun beat the bark off the comet untill I get a 12 and then I will searching for 11s. :mrgreen:
Roger
65 comet 7.61@96mph 1/8
Made in Canada, Built for speed.
Tweaked65 on instagram

https://youtu.be/JCVwEitXSi4

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Roger;you can go broke,go crazy or both trying to make the car faster!!I sometimes wish I had left mine as a 12 second car,a lot less headaches,and a LOT less money!!!!!Just keep it FUN and enjoy the time at the track with your friends,they [friends] are what will keep you coming back to the track!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

juddp39532

Post by juddp39532 »

:o I see it's to late to save you from the sickness! :mrgreen:

I will just keep having fun beat the bark off the comet untill I get a 12 and then I will searching for 11s. :mrgreen:
Roger[/quote]

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE wrote:Roger;you can go broke,go crazy or both trying to make the car faster!!I sometimes wish I had left mine as a 12 second car,a lot less headaches,and a LOT less money!!!!!Just keep it FUN and enjoy the time at the track with your friends,they [friends] are what will keep you coming back to the track!!! ROY.
The sage has spoken!!
Keep it fun
I have been involved in several different types of racing
and yes winning is great but being part of the event
is what it's about
Fred
PS Actually, don't know much about the winning part :lol:
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

ants875

Post by ants875 »

Aussie Comet 1964 wrote:Roger, your car sounds very similar to my old combination, its very frustrating running so close to a 12s pass, I ran 13.0 s for nearly 5 years then the first 12 was a 12.71 @109mph. mine weighed 3500lbs with 302 with 351 heads, 3500 stall 4:11s & similar cam specs to yours, the only thing i changed was sealing the AFX hood to the carby & it dropped 0.3 secs, & mine also always ran about 0.3 quicker with open headers. as the other guys have said weight always helps, but with mine I was not keen on stripping it out as it is regularly street driven. I have found the MT streets are quicker on mine especially in the 60' & I like being able to drive to the track with them. Great pics with the comet running the fairlane with the background scenery, our track doesn`t have such a great view we have a garbage tip next door. John

Making the hood funcitional really does make a huge differance, A good friend of mine raced a 68 GTO since he bougth it new in 68 and when he finally made an aluminum pan to go from his dominator to the hood he picked up .2 in the 1/4 and he was already running a 10:50 so that is an enormous difference from just a piece of metal and some foam. the point is sometimes the dumbest little things make the most difference.

Sounds like you got a nice combo just hang in there and you'll get where you want.

Ant