Auto to Manual conversion

All the stuff under the car, Transmission, Brakes, Suspension & Steering
Comechero65

Re: Auto to Manual conversion

Post by Comechero65 »

DesertFox wrote:I want to pass along my thanks to all who provided me with a wealth of knowledge. Gleaning from others experience always makes my life so much easier. I wish our youngest son could do the same, maybe some day. Anyway, appears since my car is an original automatic trans the power booster is a little bigger than 6 1/2 to 7 inches. So I will be ordering a new booster as well. Again, thanks to all. Roger, Nampa Idaho
I had originally installed a granada booster which because of the larger od required me to convert to a cable operated clutch which I did. Then I got concerned the granada booster might want to live inside my valve cover so I removed it and the clutch cable and switched to smaller booster from ABS. Was a wise decision and have not been sorry.
Ron

DesertFox

Re: Auto to Manual conversion

Post by DesertFox »

Ron,
I purchased the power booster you mentioned, but my brake pedal is still soft after installing all new wheel cylinders, master cylinder, shoes and bleeding the brakes several times. Someone told me the brake push rod is too short. Did you have to change the length of your push rod? Thanks in advance.