New leafs for the 63.

All the stuff under the car, Transmission, Brakes, Suspension & Steering
Rocket989

Re: New leafs for the 63.

Post by Rocket989 »

Is it the bolt that has the big shoulder for bushings to ride on??? Got a pic?
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

rjones35

Post by rjones35 »

Yep that's the one. I don't have a pic, most of it is still stuck in the old bushing. I'll probably end up ordering this one - http://www.falconparts.com/ford-falcon- ... 18p324.htm

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Yeah, don't have any spare of those!! I would replace the u-bolts also. Most like local parts stores should have or be able to get 'em same day. Might be cheaper than Mac's, etc. online stuff...

What size shackle bushings do you need?
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

rjones35

Post by rjones35 »

It's a goofy bolt, and bad setup to begin with, but 1 of them was ok, so that's something. I did get new ubolts when I got the springs. I ordered shackles from Macs and they came with the same size bushings top and bottom. They are the right size for the leaf eye, but about 3/8" too big for the frame hole. I ordered some through oreillys in town here, and only going by description and the picture, they should be correct, hopefully. ordered that bolt this morning, so once all the missing stuff shows up, I can put it back together, oh, still need shocks, I chopped the ends off the old ones to get them out of the perches. still attached at the top, that should be fun.