coilovers for my 62

All the stuff under the car, Transmission, Brakes, Suspension & Steering
primal1

coilovers for my 62

Post by primal1 »

i know there is a difference between the mustang shocks to the roundbody falcon/comets but cant remember the difference. i need the order coilovers. can somebody remind me.

bmmaurer

Re: coilovers for my 62

Post by bmmaurer »

I got my coilovers here, They are perfect. Give them a call.

https://www.kanter.com/productdetail.as ... er=Catalog

Bruce

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

you could use mustang shocks if you get the mustang shock mounts that go on top of the shock towers. this is the difference, the bottom of shocks are the same.
Johno

62Cometman

Post by 62Cometman »

I dont know if i would consider those canters a true coil over they are more of a helper spring system,they woudln't be able to support the full vehicle weight if you wanted to remove the original spring, as for your original question primal, varishock has a nice kit that bolts to the factory control arm, they are a little more pricey, but you can get a set that has single or double adjustable shock along with adjustable ride height check them out
62 Comet 170, dagneham trans, 2.8 7.25 rear 260 T5 8 inch swap planned for the future.

primal1

Post by primal1 »

62Cometman wrote:I dont know if i would consider those canters a true coil over they are more of a helper spring system,they woudln't be able to support the full vehicle weight if you wanted to remove the original spring, as for your original question primal, varishock has a nice kit that bolts to the factory control arm, they are a little more pricey, but you can get a set that has single or double adjustable shock along with adjustable ride height check them out
ouch, very pricey. thanks. I bought the tru-turn system and was hoping to find a coil-over to put in with out being "made for mustang". that way it might be a little cheaper. the ridetech made to go with the tru-turn single adjustable are $730. I've read they ride nice. it may be what I have to do though. thanks again.

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.