All the stuff under the car, Transmission, Brakes, Suspension & Steering
navychief

Re: front disc brake conversion on 65 comet,with power brake

Post by navychief »

Thank you ,did you weld the plate on ?

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

navychief wrote:Thank you ,did you weld the plate on ?
NO SIR, MY son made a plastic plate from some very tough stuff from his job,made it to fit and drilled the holes ,brought it home and just bolted it in,,works great,and has for over 20 odd yrs...thank you..good luck pop
pop/glenda

navychief

Post by navychief »

Thank you pop,sounds like a plan,I will keep you guys posted on the progress,wayne

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

navychief wrote:Thank you pop,sounds like a plan,I will keep you guys posted on the progress,wayne
this plate was made very neat and fits like a glove and we used SS allen heads ,,other then being a gray color ,it looks like factory could have installed it.......way back in the early 90's,we put frt disc on wife's 56 ford without a booster and left the orig rear drums on the rear...it has never gave a moment of trouble,stops great ,even in a panic stop.....so you should not have any regrets......................pop
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I found some pics of a 64 falcon with factory PB booster pics which is probably like a 65 comet/falcon. also pics of the pedal mount/support & a piece cut out of the firewall. it has 5 studs vs mustang's 4 studs. So Like Joe said when you mount the new MC you'll have a big hole to cover & it probably needs to be the same thickness as the reinforcement plate on the top 2 holes so the MC has a flat surface to seal.You'll need 4 new bolts ,they also hold the pedal support & 2 of them for the MC. One thing I kinda remember about my install was 1 1/2'' long bolts were a tad short for the MC so I got 2'' long ones. the new MC is thick & the bracket for the adj proportioning valve adds to it.

Johno

comethead

Post by comethead »

That’s what I did to mine. Sold it as a kit with the pedal and all on eBay.
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

I still have mine thought I might have a need for it,someday...should've sold it all....but that ain't OL pop .....letting anything go......
pop/glenda