front brake drum

All the stuff under the car, Transmission, Brakes, Suspension & Steering
loman

front brake drum

Post by loman »

I want to order front wheel cylinders and brake stuff for my white project car. Can anyone identify if I have the 9" or 10" brake drum by the part number of C3DA-1125B? The car is currently buried in the back of the shop where I can't get the wheel and drum off to check. Thanks.

comethead

Re: front brake drum

Post by comethead »

6 cyl cars had 9” drums. V8 cars 10x2.5” front and 10x1.75” rear.

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

loman

Post by loman »

comethead wrote:6 cyl cars had 9” drums. V8 cars 10x2.5” front and 10x1.75” rear.

Joe
Thanks Joe. There was a young kid at the parts counter the other day who was having all kinds of trouble trying to figure out what I was wanting/needing. I finally gave up and left. I went back today and the older than me guy but new guy behind the counter was able to figure it out.

comethead

Post by comethead »

Yeah this ancient stuff is getting tough to deal with at the parts stores. It’s almost never in stock nowadays.
I like to shop at the vintage Mustang specialty places because they mostly know what you’re talking about.
I have a couple local ones (a couple hours away I mean!)
Also Rock Auto has a great selection as well!

Joe

loman

Post by loman »

i bought everything i needed but one item. I need the actuator pins that go from the wheel cylinders to the shoes. The parts stores don't list them and i didn't see them on Rock Auto.Does anyone know where to buy these or is this a junkyard item?

Ok, I think i found them on CJ Pony parts.
https://www.cjponyparts.com/wheel-cylin ... /p/HW2308/

Is it safe to assume these are the same as a Comet. I would think they are. I'm also surprised the parts stores don't have a listing for these.

comethead

Post by comethead »

Yes they’re the same.
Nice to know they’re reproduced now. I’ve had to dig up old ones because I couldn’t find them either

Joe

loman

Post by loman »

I went to a different auto parts store today. There's a Carquest in town that's been there than longer than the other chain stores. They actually had 2 in stock and I should have 2 more tomorrow. Part #1414-2A for future reference, and $4 for a pair. When is the last time you went to the parts store and got out of there under $5.

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

loman wrote:I went to a different auto parts store today. There's a Carquest in town that's been there than longer than the other chain stores. They actually had 2 in stock and I should have 2 more tomorrow. Part #1414-2A for future reference, and $4 for a pair. When is the last time you went to the parts store and got out of there under $5.
Never....... :roll:
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)