15” 4 lug wheels - where to find them?

All the stuff under the car, Transmission, Brakes, Suspension & Steering
RideAndShoot

15” 4 lug wheels - where to find them?

Post by RideAndShoot »

I’m still a 4 lug all the way around for now on my 64 comet 404. I’ve got skirts that I’d very much like to put on, however my tires won’t allow that for now. I’ve got 1.5” of clearance to my inner fender that I can go in towards the center. Because of my lowering blocks, 15” will clear much better than 14”, but I can’t find either right now.

So I’m looking for a set of 15” steel wheels(not fancy rims for now), with +25mm of offset and 4x4.5” bolt pattern. Anyone? If I could only find those measurement in a 14” wheel, I could make that work as well. The 90-94 accord wheels meet most of my criteria, but run +41mm of offset, so they’d sink in too far. Anybody got a line on something they think would work?

I should also add that these will only be on for the next 6months or so, until I convert to an 8” or 9” 5 lug rear. So definitely don’t want to break the bank on them.
Chop everything, nothing is sacred.
Destroying the essence of motorcycles, one part at a time. <——— Cars now too I guess.

RideAndShoot

Re: 15” 4 lug wheels - where to find them?

Post by RideAndShoot »

And does anyone know how much room there is on the front slip yoke to slide the rearend backwards?
Destroying the essence of motorcycles, one part at a time. <——— Cars now too I guess.

RideAndShoot

Post by RideAndShoot »

Ok, so I moved the rear axle towards the rear by 1.25”. It bought me barely enough room to roll the bottom lip of my skirts and fit them on there. I machined the bottom of my lowering block for the centering pin and slid it all the way to the back of the center pad(1.25”). Had to drill a hole in the mounting plate of the spring pack, but it all seems to work ok. Heading to the store shortly so I’ll know then. I’ll post pics of the skirts in my build thread later.

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

RideAndShoot wrote:So I’m looking for a set of 15” steel wheels(not fancy rims for now), with +25mm of offset and 4x4.5” bolt pattern. Anyone?
That is a tough one, main reason I am converting to 5 lug wheels because wheels are so hard to find in the 4, I think the 4 lugs are plenty strong but I would rather switch everything and get choice (well and a lot of other reasons)

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058