BW T10 distance to mount

All the stuff under the car, Transmission, Brakes, Suspension & Steering
62Cometman

BW T10 distance to mount

Post by 62Cometman »

I just purchased a T-5 from a 90 mustang and plan on doing the MDL front shift tailhousing conversion which moves the shifter forward enough to clear my bench seat but does anyone know what the original BW T10 distance from the face of the trans to the center of the transmount is? i wanna see if i can possibly use the c4 style mounts they make for my car or if im gonna have to make a custom mount for it.

Thanks,
62 Comet 170, dagneham trans, 2.8 7.25 rear 260 T5 8 inch swap planned for the future.

Rocket989

Re: BW T10 distance to mount

Post by Rocket989 »

I sent my T10 down the road or I'd measure for ya man. The rubber/steel mount itself? C4 & T5 are the same except height but the choice depends on the crossmember you use. If using the MDL kit I think you've pretty much gotta use their crossmember (or fab your own). You may or may not have to do some shimming to get the correct driveline angle(s). That MDL kit drops the T5 down pretty far. Here's a pic when I did mine using a std T5 & cutting out the tunnel brace

Not a ton of options for bench seat though... I don't know if a custom welded-up shifter handle would work. Paint it flat black and put a spiffy Hurst or similar knob on to help mask it's spaghetti-noodle like shape..... :D :D :lol:

'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)