Gear Vendors C4 Trans

All the stuff under the car, Transmission, Brakes, Suspension & Steering
ddmrjm

Gear Vendors C4 Trans

Post by ddmrjm »

All, it's been forever since I've been on the site and I looking to Install a Gear Vendors Over/Underdrive on by Performance Automatic Trans over the winter this year.

I searched high and lo on the internet and I can only find Mustang Installs and (1) 65 Comet install but no real info on the installation.

So I'm looking for any info anyone has or if they know someone that has done the conversion.

Send me a Message or Chime in on the Post.

Thanks for the help

Santa's Comet

Re: Gear Vendors C4 Trans

Post by Santa's Comet »

A couple years ago I saw a you tube video with a Falcon doing the gear vendor install.
I think it was included in the 64 Comet search I was doing! I remember he hooked the
OD switch to his dimmer switch! I'll see if I can find it!
NP Dave

Santa's Comet

Post by Santa's Comet »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VMv1VKj5H8 This has some good info on Gear vendor,Falcon
NP Dave

ddmrjm

Post by ddmrjm »

Dave, thanks for the link. I'm still wondering if I will need to make the same mods they did to make the GV fit.

I really don't want to slice my floor pan or mod the trans mount I have.

But only time will tell if I pull the trigger to get this done over the winter this year.

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

I'd give 'em a call. I thought (famous last words) that on C4's the GV unit largely replaced the tail shaft... It's been awhile since I read-up on 'em though.
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

vicegrip

Post by vicegrip »

I guess you're pretty set on the Gear Vendors but in my opinion... in a short car,they cause the drive shaft to be too short which causes more severe driveline angle changes on the accel and decel which could cause vibration and joint wear.Don't know your situation but I'm fairly certain a fair amount of tunnel surgery will be needed as well.You might consider AOD which can be built to handle as much power as the C4 if built for the same goal in mind,for roughly the same money.