Shift kit

All the stuff under the car, Transmission, Brakes, Suspension & Steering
rhtopdown

Shift kit

Post by rhtopdown »

Have c4 with shift kit do not like it. Is it hard to take kit out and do you have to pull trans. Thanks

poboyjo65

Re: Shift kit

Post by poboyjo65 »

Is it shifting a little too hard to suit you? before you go to extremes you might try adjusting the modulator valve. pull the vacuum line of the mod valve & inside the tube is a little flat head screw.it'll take a small like a pocket screw driver to get in there. I'd start by turning it 4 turns. just remember which way you go. one way makes it shift sooner & the other way it will shift later. If it is shifting hard now you'll want it to shift earlier,,, it wont jerk as bad. It might be good to write down what you do just in case you want to tweak it later, & you can always put it back where it was.
Johno

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

The shift kits I've installed require drilling larger holes in the valve body plate so if you can't achieve satisfactory results from the above, you'll need a stock plate. Or you could a higher stall converter in. I put a 2500 in my Cyclone and it really calmed the shift down.

Stacey
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

StPro

Post by StPro »

The holes you drilled in the metering plate can be returned to the original size if you have the patients and skill to do so. The basic concept is to drill out the hole to 1/8" dia. countersink both sides of the plate (DO NOT CUT DEEPER THAN HALF THE PLATE THICKNESS ON EACH SIDE). Cut off a piece of 1/8" aluminum welding rod twice the thickness of the plate. Insert the aluminum plug in the hole with the plate on an anvil. Hit the plug with a hammer it will spread the plug locking it in the double countersink. File both sides smooth being careful not to gouge the plate and drill your hole to the original size.
Only use the brakes to stop and get gas.
Projects
65 Comet 421Stroker
93 Mark VIII Supercharged w/Fogger
70 Torino GT