Power Brakes for drum brakes

All the stuff under the car, Transmission, Brakes, Suspension & Steering
rhtopdown

Power Brakes for drum brakes

Post by rhtopdown »

I understand that a 64 comet could have had an option for power brakes (drum) How hard is it to find a good one. Thanks

popscomet

Re: Power Brakes for drum brakes

Post by popscomet »

POP's 64 comet came with power drum brks...I done away with the power part yrs ago,,,the booster may still be around here...don't know how good it might be...worked good when I removed it...just have to look for it...
pop/glenda

rhtopdown

Post by rhtopdown »

Why did you do away. With it?

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

rhtopdown wrote:Why did you do away. With it?
My comet came with pwr brks,pwr steering,AT and AC,,the 1st time I re-did it,,me and son put it back just like factory,,,AND it was the most boreing car I'd ever drove,I hated it,I even offered to my grd parents free of charge to drive to church,so little by little I started changing things trying to make it more fun to drive,,I added 2 4 carbs,stall converter shift kit in the trans,gears in the rear end,,it was nothing I cared to drive,I took it to car shows on a trailer,,,,,so I gathered up everything factory correct right down to correct bolts nuts and washers to change to a 4spd and do away with the grd ma car,and that included pwr brks and steering and I didn't want AC in it,,AND I've never looked back since...POP is an old street racer and a old hot rodder,,that comet with pwr this and pwr that and AT did not fill the bill with me..been driving it for way over 20 plus yrs..been on 2 pwr tours and in several states and many many miles,,,so that's the reason I done away with pwr brks….what ever OL POP drives has to be fun ….now at 70 yrso ,have gave thought to digging out the AC and putting it back in..( mainly for GLENDA)….I use to have everything I removed ,,but not for sure,,thank you and good luck with your comet......pop
pop/glenda

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

AC would go (back) on first here too...even before carpet or arm rests!!! :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Rocket989 wrote:AC would go (back) on first here too...even before carpet or arm rests!!! :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
It would be parked or sold or donated to a shop class at some HS BEFORE anything other then AC was to ever go back on it...and no more then it's driven for any distance,am not sure AC will make it back on it....but that's not a given :shock: pop
pop/glenda