Brake Question?

All the stuff under the car, Transmission, Brakes, Suspension & Steering
rhtopdown

Brake Question?

Post by rhtopdown »

I have drum brakes on my 64 everything new also single master cylinder still hard to stop almost have to stand on them. I had another 64 a couple years ago same set up but put dual master cylinder on it. It seems to stop a lot better. Do you think change to dual would help? Need your input. Thanks

lavron
Site Admin

Re: Brake Question?

Post by lavron »

rhtopdown wrote:Do you think change to dual would help?
It won't hurt, I blew my wheel cylinders twice on my Comet and the first time was pretty exciting not having brakes, second time not so bad :roll: :P

But you may have an issue with the soft lines being collapsed unless you changed them as well, they may look ok on the outside but are not on the inside, I think that is what was wrong with my Comet when I parked it 20 years ago, I didn't have the internet or this forum to help me learn that.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

rhtopdown

Post by rhtopdown »

the car was a 3 on tree at one time someone change to c4 and put shifter in floor. clutch pedal still there but up against firewall. could this effect how hard I have to push the brakes to stop

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

rhtopdown wrote:clutch pedal still there but up against firewall. could this effect how hard I have to push the brakes to stop
Shouldn't, they are basically unrelated unless the pivot pin is worn out I can't see how it would.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058