Steering box Lube question and steering updates

All the stuff under the car, Transmission, Brakes, Suspension & Steering
alans 64

Steering box Lube question and steering updates

Post by alans 64 »

doing research on what to use for lube on the steering box all say to use grease. Ford used a moly type grease from the factory. no problems so far.

what my question is, how does a synthetic grease compare to the moly type grease on the market? is it compatable? I can use either one but wondering what some of you use on yours.

I have my box cleaned and ready for lube then install. I have converted the box over to a split shaft using a borgenson vibration dampner u-joint. this for 2 reasons: safer in a wreck and removal of the box for service. still need to modify my column cover but that's not going to be a biggee.

converted using all the 65 components for geometry fixes. even found the tie rod ends for granada spindles that fit the stock sleeves (maybe they did already but I didn't know).

found the inner and outer tie rod ends, sleeves, pitman arm, idler arm and bracket, and center link for $455.00 from Falcon parts. did some research and they had the best prices. so now all my steering is new and should work better according to some since the steering geometry is changed.

thoughts/suggestions

alan
64 Caliente 2 dr ht A/FX sold to a fellow forum member
http://www.picturetrail.com/alanan55 past & present rides
40 ford coupe sold 1979 found in garage sitting for 34 years back home again.