Hydraulic Clutch options?

All the stuff under the car, Transmission, Brakes, Suspension & Steering
Hillbilly Comet Man

Hydraulic Clutch options?

Post by Hillbilly Comet Man »

Any of you guys running a Hydraulic clutch set up?I have 62 Comet 302 4 speed setup.I finally got my transmission finished and I am looking for just the right clutch slave cylinder,Master cylinder combo.I am running a 63-65 Borg Warner T-10 with a Lakewood scattershield.I am going to build a bracket and weld to the bellhousing and bolt the unit on.I have a new Ford courier unit that is adjustable. Any other ideas?Thanks,Heath
19'62 2Dr. Sedan, Black with Red interior.
1962 Comet S-22,Champagne w/beige and white interior
Black 1993 Ford Lightning

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

I have a McCleod hydraulic clutch set up in my 65 with a top loader. Works good, was a little tricky installing the master cylinder as there is not much room next to the brake master cylinder. If you are unwilling to put a hole in your firewall, you don't want this kit. It, however. does not require any backets on the bellhousing and requires pulling the tranny to install the hydralic throw out bearing. If you are interested in this kit let me know and I will take pictures of it.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

64COMET
Comet Central Member

Post by 64COMET »

That sounds like exactly what I have been looking for.
1964 Mercury Comet Caliente 2-door hardtop
1966 Ford Galaxie 7 liter Convertible ( Under construction
1937 Ford Tu-dor Street Rod ( Dad's car )
2003 Ford F-250 Crew Cab Lariat

projim64

Post by projim64 »

Hi,I also have the Mcloed throwout bearing set up but I used a Tilton pedal set to mount my brake and clutch cylinders under the dash to clean up the firewall. It makes for a real clean installation. Check out the Dec. issue of Hot Rod magazine for a picture of the firewall. If you need any more info let me know. Jim in Morgantown,Pa.

rapdweasel

Post by rapdweasel »

could i use this set up on my 62 comet with a t5 transmission. if not what are my options on a hydraulic clutch setup.
1962 Mercury Comet 302 with t5 5 spd also 5 lug conversion