302 and t-5 in a 62

All the stuff under the car, Transmission, Brakes, Suspension & Steering
rapdweasel

302 and t-5 in a 62

Post by rapdweasel »

im putting a 302 with a t-5 tas from a 83 mustang get. i have the whole car to take parts from. so ill be using the ,mustang for as many parts as possible. what i was wondering what kind of clutch set ups can i use for the t-5 in my 1962 mercury comet. and where can i get them ive been looking i could use a cable clutch. so what are my options for a clutch.
1962 Mercury Comet 302 with t5 5 spd also 5 lug conversion

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Can you use the clutch set-up from the Mustang? That is what I would do if it was feasable.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

rditz

Post by rditz »

I put a 302 and T5 in my '66. I bought a centerforce dual friction clutch and a cable-clutch kit from Mustangs plus. (their under dash bracket didn't work for me, so i fabricated something that is a lot simpler than their setup.

the other thing that didn't work out was the hard plastic gromet that goes through the dash, so if you have your '62 with the engine out already, you should fit that in first because once the brake lines are in, they are in the way to get a file in there.

The adjustment is all done at the forl by adjusting the the tension on the cable. I think that there is more pedal travel then cable travel so you will have to play with that part (i know i have to go back and make sure i am not pulling too hard on the cable).

I haven't driven mine yet, but can hardly wait... if you need pictures of what i've done, i can take some under dash and send you the ones of the clutch on the engine (CF clutches are cool bright orange)..

hope this is helpful....

rod