1-pc fuel pump eccentric

If you need something, post it here
Rocket989

1-pc fuel pump eccentric

Post by Rocket989 »

Wanted! 1-pc fuel pump eccentric as used on early stuff and carb'd 5.0 'Stangs! I've got two new timing chains for a 1-pc and only have a 2-pc eccentric (that I can find)!
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

poboyjo65

Re: 1-pc fuel pump eccentric

Post by poboyjo65 »

You can still buy these,cant you? Are you just wanting to find a cheaper one? I remember buying one a few years back! :?
Johno

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Ya, you can but they're $45-50 bucks! Just pisses me off. I need the longer cam pin also so I should probably just let it go and get the Ford Racing kit...

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

As I was typing that I had a lil flashback of 40 something bucks going down the drain that wasn't foreseen. I have some extra dowel pins but they may be all short ones. do you know how long it needs to be?
Johno

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

Here's a 1 piece at a moderate price. Use your existing dowel as it should be the right length. Stock should be 5/16 x 1 3/8" so should fit just fine.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Enginequest-Fue ... 5r&vxp=mtr

The 2 piece eccentric uses the shorter of two length dowels. Short dowel for 2 piece should be 5/16 x 1 1/8".

Here's a 2 piece. No dowel or bolt and flat washer. Use your bolt and washer. Still need the shorter dowel.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Fuel-Pump- ... Ht&vxp=mtr

2-piece complete with dowel and bolt.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SBF-FORD-289-30 ... bW&vxp=mtr

If you have short ones they only fit the 2 piece eccentric.

I used a 1 piece on mine originally then later switched it to a 2 piece. I like the 2 piece as I believe it has less friction and will wear much longer.
Ron

comethead

Post by comethead »

Rocket I sent you a PM
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Ron - That first link is a 2-pc...for some reason they only show the outer ring. IMO, the 1-pc is more durable...I'd rather have a solid pin driving the fuel pump than a sheet metal tab!! :) :) The outer surface might wear down a wee more, but after A LOT of miles! I'd still use it but both timing sets I have are for a single. IIRC the longer pin is 1.375". Thanks for the links though!

Joe - Will do!

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

Rocket989 wrote:Ron - That first link is a 2-pc...for some reason they only show the outer ring. IMO, the 1-pc is more durable...I'd rather have a solid pin driving the fuel pump than a sheet metal tab!! :) :) The outer surface might wear down a wee more, but after A LOT of miles! I'd still use it but both timing sets I have are for a single. IIRC the longer pin is 1.375". Thanks for the links though!

Joe - Will do!
You are right, the first link is the inner ring of a two piece. So it's not complete. I missed that.

The inner ring of a 2 piece is bolted in place and the tab just locates it and does little to rotate the ring. It uses the shorter dowel. The dowel doesn't drive the ring just links the cam and timing gear together. The tab on the eccentric locates it in place and the bolt holds it tight.

I like the 2 piece as the outer ring just floats on the inner ring and gets constant lube so the ring can rotate freely putting less wear on it and the fuel pump arm. The outer ring is free to stop against the arm and the ring itself slips on the inner ring. Overall less wear.
The 1 piece since it can't float slides against the arm and puts more wear on it and the arm.

Here's a real 1 piece but no dowel. But you should already have the one that fits it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1962-1963-1964- ... HJ&vxp=mtr

No arguement just how I see it.
Ron

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

sometimes it is not a matter of preference, as was the case for me. the timing gear/chain kit that I used said It had to use the one piece eccentric.
Johno

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

poboyjo65 wrote:sometimes it is not a matter of preference, as was the case for me. the timing gear/chain kit that I used said It had to use the one piece eccentric.
Yes some timing chains won't work with the 2 piece eccentric. I installed a double roller timing chain from Ford Motorsport and it was compitable with either one. I used the 1 piece to start then when I did the cam swap I took opertunity to install the 2 piece which is what i prefer. I like it for what I consider better wearing. Had it not fit i would have just stayed with the 1 piece.
Ron

bkd

Post by bkd »

I have a new ford 1 piece unit part # C3AZ-6287-B HERE FOR $36.00 shipped thanks Bruce e-mail if interested a4278v@yahoo.com