65 dash gauge bezel

If you need something, post it here
adamm864

65 dash gauge bezel

Post by adamm864 »

I am needing a nice 65 dash gauge bezel.Thanks.

Jims65cyclone

Re: 65 dash gauge bezel

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard! You should go to Introduce Yourself and let us know a little bit about you and your ride. You can get plenty of help here.
Concerning your "nice" gauge bezel, that's a tall order. The 65 dash is a one year model, and the quality of plastics back then was pretty poor. UV really tore them up. It's hard to find one that isn't broken someplace, and the chances of the chrome looking better than pale gray is even slimmer. If you can find one in good shape with good chrome and good wood grain/leather inserts, you're probably talking in the $400 range. :shock:
Jim

adamm864

Post by adamm864 »

Hey Jim.I unfortunately found out how hard they are to find.I do have a decent bezel but would really like to have a nice one.I will try to get a few pics posted up in a few days.May have to resort to a re-chrome over my bezel and do the bst I can with it.Thanks for the response.Adam.

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Here's one lead on chroming from the forum, but it's 10 years old and sounds awfully cheap.
http://www.cometcentral.com/forum/viewt ... f=23&t=857

Here's another you might check out. I've heard stories of parts being lost or damaged in shipment. These bezels are very fragile. I'd check them out good before sending them anything.
http://www.chrometechusa.com/automotive ... stics.html

Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Just the other day someone recommended that second one to me Jim. I had bookmarked from a good while back. If you look at his pics there is a 65 comet dash in there & many more.
Johno

Flintlock

Post by Flintlock »

Here is a cheap alternative that I used (Yes I know the purist's will slap me for this). Just buy the 65 Mustang Bezel which can be had for about 40 bucks and looks brand new because - well it is!. You gauges will bolt right into it as well as the bezel into your dash. The only modification I had to do was drill two new holes in the bottom of it to accommodate the Comet screw locations there. The only downside is that the right hand side of the Mustang Bezel is rounded instead of flat so it won't match up perfectly there with the next trim piece. Personally that doesn't bother me given the savings in price of having one re-chromed.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sdk-c5zz-10838-c

Flintlock