T5 Bolt Needed

If you need something, post it here
lavron
Site Admin

T5 Bolt Needed

Post by lavron »

Someplace in the shuffle or the guy didn't give it to me I have lost one of my T5 to bell housing bolts, they are some sort of weirdo metric size (all metric stuff is weird too me), but they look like this;

They have a 9.8 on the head and they may be the same as holds the tail shaft housing on except longer (I might try and steal from the 4cyl T5) it is almost 2" long, I can buy one online but it looks like they want $14 each for them (or the set can't tell) but if anyone has a spare laying around that you wouldn't mind selling I would rather send money to a member here than someplace else.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

redhotcomet

Re: T5 Bolt Needed

Post by redhotcomet »

I can check my metric parts stash. I stripped a V8 explorer for parts awhile back. Good way to acquire a whole bunch of weird sized bolts.
1964 Caliente hardtop, 302/T5/8.8"

redhotcomet

Post by redhotcomet »

I looked but I don't have one. Shipping would have probably cost too much anyways.

If I need a random bolt I usually go to my local fastener supply. They often have what I need and if I only want a couple they sometimes don't even charge me.
1964 Caliente hardtop, 302/T5/8.8"

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

This might work. Don't know if they are metric or not, looks kind of similar but may not be as long as yours.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-95-FORD-MU ... 09&vxp=mtr
Ron

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Comechero65 wrote:This might work. Don't know if they are metric or not, looks kind of similar
Yes that is the ones, just didn't want to pay that much for 1 bolt basically (I have 3), I am in no rush it will be a while until I need one, I will keep an eye out as I kick around the JY I might find one there.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

Goader190

Post by Goader190 »

It looks like a typical bolt that you would find an accessory bracket on a newer engine just go out to your local U-Pull-It rip one out stick it in your pocket that should be cheap enough for you. :twisted:
65 Comet Caliente plans for heavy mods

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

If you have a advance auto parts store they should have it. Bought some weird metric bolts for my kids import over the years from advance auto. The odd and better quality bolts are behind the counter in bins. 2-3$ a piece. Take the bolt with ya.

Might be a different color but you could always paint it if it bothers ya.

If you can get the specs I may very well have one, thread pitch on metrics is weird.

Lou

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Lou's Comet wrote:Might be a different color but you could always paint it if it bothers ya.
You know me, it might :roll: :P

I will take it with me next time I go to town, only two parts stores and one is an O'Reilly, the other is a local where they will actually try and find the part in a paper book or look for something the same from a different car, most times they don't look on the computer except to order something for you.
Goader190 wrote:It looks like a typical bolt that you would find an accessory bracket on a newer engine just go out to your local U-Pull-It rip one out stick it in your pocket that should be cheap enough for you. :twisted:
I will make sure I have a metric wrench in my pocket when I am at the JY, I need to go back over where I got engine because I am missing one of the bell housing dowel pins from the back of the block (I saw it stuck in the bell) and have seen to order them online in more than they are worth with shipping, I can check locally as well.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

Goader190

Post by Goader190 »

You might even get luck if you stop by a local mechanic shop and ask they might have some left overs that they will give you. I have helped several people out at the shop i worked at years ago good luck on your hunt

Loner

Post by Loner »

Goader190 wrote:It looks like a typical bolt that you would find an accessory bracket on a newer engine just go out to your local U-Pull-It rip one out stick it in your pocket that should be cheap enough for you. :twisted:
Maybe cheap enough for you Goader,but where I come from stealing is very expensive and very unethical!

Matt

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Hardware store here carries them...I'll grab you one next time I go if ya want. You can use reg metric bolts on all but the top pass side if needed. The reduced washer head is about a necessity for that one. I almost knocked a tooth out when the socket slipped (cause of the shape of case body, you can only get it about halfway on the larger bolt head)...! :D :shock: :lol: :roll:
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Rocket989 wrote:I'll grab you one next time I go if ya want. You can use reg metric bolts on all but the top pass side if needed.
Thanks I picked up one with a regular head at the parts store last week, and all the bellhousing to to block bolts for around $5.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

Goader190

Post by Goader190 »

Loner wrote:
Maybe cheap enough for you Goader,but where I come from stealing is very expensive and very unethical!

Matt
REALLY its a junkyard!! bolts get throwen on the ground and trashed all the time at a junkyard clearly a junkyard isnt a place u frequent and if putting a bolt in ur pocket at a junkyard is going to keep u up u can ask them if u can have it and have them laugh and tell u go ahead