64 cardboard headliner trim strips

If you need something, post it here
qmile92

64 cardboard headliner trim strips

Post by qmile92 »

Hello, brand new to the forum. I am looking for the three trim/retainer strips(bows) and end caps for a cardboard type headliner. I have all other required parts except the exposed lateral retainer strips. My car is a 2dr Hardtop Cyclone. Thanks and glad to be a part of the community!
Last edited by qmile92 on Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jims65cyclone

Re: 64 cardboard headliner trim strips

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard! I can't help you with your headliner question because I'm not a 64 guy. The headliners are different between 64s and 65s. But, there are plenty with 64s on here who probably can. Good luck!
Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

There are actually 3 different styles ,,or three if you count the cloth type with the bows. but it sounds like you mean the kind with strips running front to rear & only 2 of them near the sides
. does it look like this one of Don's?

Johno

qmile92

Post by qmile92 »

That's interesting, I didn't know there was a headliner like the one in the photo. I just took another look at my car and it looks like there were actually 3 chrome strips that ran laterally to cover up the cardboard joints. The screw in rubber retainers are still on the left and right inner roof rails. The cardboard sections were in the trunk of the car when I bought it. The guy I bought it from removed just the trim bows and end caps thinking that's all he needed to put one of these in his car......wrong. He had the bows, I saw them but he just simply would not let them go with the car, along with the tach and underdash A/C unit. Made me kinda upset since the car needs to go back to orgional. Thanks!

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Ok that explains it. when you said two strips I thought you meant the kind in the pic. yours goes from side to side & has 3 strips like sassys. I think they are chrome maybe plastic covers. maybe Fred could chime in & tell about them. but they are hard to find.
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

I had no idea that Henry Kissinger drove a 64 in his earlier years! :shock: :lol: :roll:

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

It's a 65 Jim, look at the dash! :lol: :lol: :lol: but he had both before he got caught up in politics! :lol:
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Oops! I fell victim to the zoom effect. On my normal setting, I could only see to the bottom of the bell on the steering column. I assumed it was a 64 since that's what qmile92 has. When I ctrl-scrolled it, I could see the whole dash. :roll: I guess Henry must have traded in his 64 for the 65 when they came out. :lol:
Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Jim I think he had to trade his 64 hardtop & 64 wagon for the 65! :lol: :lol:
Johno

redhotcomet

Post by redhotcomet »

Mine has 3 bo s running side to side as well. I haven't had mine apart so I can't add much. I made some pieces for a the pillars from hardboard and covered them with headliner vinyl but am having a hard time keeping them fastened on. I will need some replacements hardboard pieces in the future
1964 Caliente hardtop, 302/T5/8.8"

comethead

Post by comethead »

I think some of the early 65s had the cardboard headliner as well.

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

barrys65cyclone

Post by barrys65cyclone »

qmile92 wrote:Hello, brand new to the forum. I am looking for the three trim/retainer strips(bows) and end caps for a cardboard type headliner. I have all other required parts except the exposed lateral retainer strips. My car is a 2dr Hardtop Cyclone. Thanks and glad to be a part of the community!
I had 3 super nice 64 style roof bows but they are sold I do have plenty of the chrome caps that are on the end of the bows these are from the 2 64 Cyclones I parted out.

qmile92

Post by qmile92 »

Man, sure wish I would have caught you earlier Barry. I may have found some trim strips. They are in somewhat bad shape and I'm not sure if all the end caps are there or not. I may hit you up for a set if they are missing.