parking lamp housings and a console

If you need something, post it here
Boris65

parking lamp housings and a console

Post by Boris65 »

I'm looking for front parking light housings and a front center console for a 1965 caliente

Comechero65

Re: parking lamp housings and a console

Post by Comechero65 »

Good parking lamp housings for a 65 are hard to find. I couldn't find any so staightened mine as best i could, sanded out the imperfections and since they would need to be re-anodized I just painted them body color. Look good and most don't even notice.
IMG_6469.JPG
IMG_6469.JPG (73.68 KiB) Viewed 2019 times
I'm no help on finding either. Good complete consoles are also hard to find at a decent price.
Ron

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Comechero65 wrote:Good complete consoles are also hard to find at a decent price.
Ron
That's a fact! The one I have has some tolerable issues with the base, but the top is ratted out. Nobody reproduces the console top for a 64/65 Comet that I've been able to find. You can buy repops for Falcons that will fit, but they're different from the Comets. If you do happen across a Comet console in good condition, it will set you back a good $400 or more.
Jim

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

Jims65cyclone wrote:
Comechero65 wrote:Good complete consoles are also hard to find at a decent price.
Ron
That's a fact! The one I have has some tolerable issues with the base, but the top is ratted out. Nobody reproduces the console top for a 64/65 Comet that I've been able to find. You can buy repops for Falcons that will fit, but they're different from the Comets. If you do happen across a Comet console in good condition, it will set you back a good $400 or more.
Jim
They do bring a high price. That's right the padded top for the falcon is repo'd but not the comet version. Occasionally you see a used console with comet top listed. Even harder to find is the emblem that goes on the comet console top. Saw one several months ago.
Ron

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

The emblem is reproduced. Macs, & other venders have it.
Johno

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

poboyjo65 wrote:The emblem is reproduced. Macs, & other venders have it.
That's it, I knew I saw it somewhere. They also have the console top though it's the falcon version and the center trim strip. Have never seen the comet trim strip, don't think it was ever repo'd.
Ron

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

SOLD-SOLD

I have a black '64 console that is in fairly nice condition. The lid is OK except for the R.H. front corner has a puncture but I think it could be repaired. Everything is there even the factory emblem.
I also have a white console that is missing parts and the lid is warped. If you are interested in these let me know. I prefer to keep them as a set.
Jim
kabinenroller55@yahoo.com
Last edited by A/FX on Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

Boris65

Post by Boris65 »

Thank you for the information and ideas.