65 202 Headliner

If you need something, post it here
Crud

65 202 Headliner

Post by Crud »

I have a 65 202 2 door post car. It is lacking all of the headliner pieces. Im not even sure what all pieces are needed for this project. If someone could walk me through how this assembly goes or point me to a quality link that shows it that would be greatly appreciated. Also if some one has these parts I would love to buy them. I would like to go with a black headliner. I know I can buy the fabric new but I don't know what happens down the c pillar, if that is plastic or fabric continued. Can also just directly email me at ajcrudele@gmail.com
Crud with the 65 202 cyclone

lavron
Site Admin

Re: 65 202 Headliner

Post by lavron »

You can buy headliners new, safari as '64 sedans go the rear wing panels are cloth if that is what you are asking about, not sure they are the same on a '65 but pretty sure they are.

Someone with a '65 will chime in soon and set it all straight.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

poboyjo65

Re: 65 202 Headliner

Post by poboyjo65 »

For the cloth type headliner you will need the 4 bows. Mike is probably right - 65 hardtops had cloth down the c pillar so sedans probably did too.

bad thing is both windshield & rear window have to come out to install a headliner properly. I have heard of people just jamming it under the window gaskets with a flat scrapper type tool & glue but you would run the risk of it coming loose.

there are 2 other kinds of board backed headliners but parts are hard to find.
Johno