Wanted: 64 Comet trunk lock bezel

If you need something, post it here
jaybird

Wanted: 64 Comet trunk lock bezel

Post by jaybird »

Looking for a trunk lock bezel for my 64 Convertible Comet, after I had to cut out the original to access the trunk. Really bummed when I found out no one was reproducing them, and the Falcons Bezel will not work. Feel free to email me at jaythebirdn@yahoo.com, if I don't respond right away. Thank you!

jaybird

Re: Wanted: 64 Comet trunk lock bezel

Post by jaybird »

I'm still looking for a trunk lock bezel for my 64. Polite bump up, I guess.

jaybird

Post by jaybird »

So, still no luck finding a decent trunk lock bezel for a 64 Comet. Found a 65, but realized after I went to put it on that they are different than the 64s... the trunk lid angle is not the same apparently. So I do have a 65 trunk lock bezel with key, if anyone else is looking.

I know I don't post much in this forum, but I check it out regularly for tips and checking out all the other wonderful Comets out there. I'm still looking, and would pay $50-$100 for a decent one, so don't hesitate to email or message me should any of you come across one. Thank you again fellow Cometeers!

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

You might check with this guy on Facebook he is always parting out Comets, usually 64's

https://www.facebook.com/lynnette.eckho ... tion=group

If that doesn't work the username on Facebook is Lynnette Eckhoff and he/she/whatever is a member of the "1960-1966 Ford Falcon, Mustang & Comet cars & parts for sale trade" group.

Hope you can find one.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

His name is Kris Eckhoff (wife is Lynette, I think). Lives in Missouri. Phone number is 660 287 1129. I bought some wheel lip trim pieces for my Cyclone from him. Real nice guy and easy to work with. Give him a call.
Jim

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

I actually spoke with him on the phone tonight, he is a member on here but I can't remember his user name :roll: it is one of the 65 ones because he has '65.

He actually lives really close to me and Jim is correct he was a real nice guy (must have something to do with this area of the country :P ), we are going to try and meet up sometime.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

HIs forum name is 65 cyclone 4 speed.
Jim

jaybird

Post by jaybird »

Thank you for the replies.

Unfortunately, the 65 will not work for me, as I found out the hard way (I have one of those if anyone needs one), but I currently have a lead from a forum member that I'm hoping checks out. If not, I will certainly contact Kris. Thank you for looking out for a fellow Comet guy. I'll have to post some pics soon of my gorgeous 550 HP supercharged 5 speed convertible 64, and properly introduce myself. I truly do appreciate the feedback.

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

jaybird wrote:I'll have to post some pics soon of my gorgeous 550 HP supercharged 5 speed convertible 64, and properly introduce myself.
Love to see it.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread