Wanted 65 Comet backup lens

If you need something, post it here
lilolddude

Wanted 65 Comet backup lens

Post by lilolddude »

I'm looking for a left side corner backup lens (Clear). Bought one from Macs, because they said they had one in stock. Days after I paid they said it was sent...they then emailed me stating that the item was discontinued. This company is always doing this...they like to bait and switch. I'll never use them or Dearborn or Eckers. They are the same. Does anyone have one of these?? I can't get my car inspected without it. Thanks

caseville cyclone

Re: Wanted 65 Comet backup lens

Post by caseville cyclone »

I'm sorry I cannot help you with the backup lens you need but totally agree about these parts suppliers. Everytime I order something from Macs online,it says the part is in stock and then they say they don't have it. Andy

Tims1965MercuryComet

Post by Tims1965MercuryComet »

I need both lens. Ordered from Macs, same results. I've been looking for couple years now,, no find yet. I bought two new front brake drums from Macs. I bought the same drums from Rockauto last year. Made in China, had them turned, but braking above 35 mph got some violent chatter. Bought two new ones from Macs double Rockauto price. Macs told me their's were US made. NOT. :x Both made in China.
Tim
1965 Caliente 4 door
1968 302
Edelbrock Torker manifold and carb

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Y'all might try calling Melvin's, they have them listed,whether or not they have them in stock is another question.

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll ... Z50001018a

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll ... Z50001018a
Johno