1964 Comet Rear View Mirror

If you need something, post it here
lavron
Site Admin

1964 Comet Rear View Mirror

Post by lavron »

I think I need to find a replacement rear view mirror for my '64 Comet Sedan, cleaning up some stuff the other day and was looking at it, it has gotten a little rusty on back from the leaky windshield seal but I think I could fix that, the issue is half of the mirroring is gone from the front.

Not sure if a hardtop mirror head would attach to the sedan arm but thought I would just put this out there in case someone has a decent one they would like to part with (doesn't have to be perfect), mine is not chrome just silver paint, not a day-night mirror just plain ordinary mirror, I am sure other Ford models or years would have the same just not sure which ones (of course I know the Falcon is the same), I will take a picture of it this week and post it up so you can see what I am looking for.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Re: 1964 Comet Rear View Mirror

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

I used this one in the link. Much cheaper than exact repo's and works/looks great. ONly issue is it won't work with the original button on the windshield. I just grabbed the original with some vice grips, and used a propane torch to put a little heat on it. Pulled right off ofter 54 years up there. Glued new button on and went on down the road.

https://www.macsautoparts.com/ford_falc ... comet.html
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

lavron
Site Admin

Re: 1964 Comet Rear View Mirror

Post by lavron »

Thanks Boss I have one located.

I actually need one that attaches to roof, sedans are different than HT, however the one on the way is the same as this I am going to see if it will connect to my roof mount, if not I will glue it to the windshield as well.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058