A Note About Comet Parts

If you need something, post it here
lavron
Site Admin

A Note About Comet Parts

Post by lavron »

A couple of thoughts on posting in the Wanted Section.

As has been noted from time to time Comet items can be hard to come by (rare) unlike the more popular cars ( like Mustangs ) there isn't alot of reproduced parts for Comets so we depend on used and refurbished parts for many pieces or modifying parts from a differant car, that said, it may take some time to locate certain parts so don't be in a big rush.

New people are joining the Forum every day, just because your request has been there for 6 months with no response dosen't mean someone won't see it tomorrow and have the part you are looking for, check back from time to time to see if that is the case.

If you are still looking for a part and it is getting low on the list because no one has replied to it, do it yourself and bump it back up to the top, maybe someone missed it before.

If you find the part you are looking for and want your post removed let me know and I will remove it, otherwise let everyone know you found what you are looking for and we can leave the post for posterity to prove you can find those rare parts.

Hopefully with us all working together we can help each other enjoy our cars more.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

stan

Re: A Note About Comet Parts

Post by stan »

If you know any body who might be interested in a red 1964 Comet Caliente 2 door hard top in restorable condition [factory v-8 automatic (not included)] however the car is 80% complete and in rolling condition will take $1000.00 or best offer. can be contacted by be-mail ; yeller4601@yahoo.com. Thanks

todd.a.adkins

Post by todd.a.adkins »

stan wrote:If you know any body who might be interested in a red 1964 Comet Caliente 2 door hard top in restorable condition [factory v-8 automatic (not included)] however the car is 80% complete and in rolling condition will take $1000.00 or best offer. can be contacted by be-mail ; yeller4601@yahoo.com. Thanks
Even though 4 years has passed its always a good question to ask if the car sold.

Caveman49

Post by Caveman49 »

Hello Mike,

You're spot on with this post. I just joined this evening and noticed a lot of old posts and was wondering if these were still active or what....
While attending a swap meet/car show in Dothan Alabama this year, I meet a fellow with a CLEAN 66 Cyclone GT convertible. He did a full resto on it and it's NICE. Anyway, it ends up he owns 3-1966 Cyclone GTs, one is a beautiful black 390 tri-power 4spd car. All his cars are restored better than original, it was really a pleasure to see them. He also has a slew of Comet parts and parts cars. I was able to get some parts for my daughter's 66 from him. I don't know if he's on this site, but next time I talk to him I'll mention the site and find out what's up, if he'd be interested in selling stuff. I think the biggest problem would be shipping parts, it's a pain, especially large stuff. The older we get the less we want to mess with it.

Motor Safe,
Lee
Motor Safe,
Lee

thos25

Post by thos25 »

Hi Mike, Thanks for the heads up on posting for wanted parts on the forum! You did us all a favor by reminding us that parts for our COMETS can be difficult to access. I hope new members read your post and take it to heart! I have, in the past, done just what you said about reposting after a period of time and it does work!!
Thanks Again for a great post!!
Kind Regards, TOM :D